which brake fluid - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2005, 20:41   #1 (permalink)

which brake fluid

just wanting to know what brake fluid people use, my el fairmont ghia needs a change.
heard alot abt castrol super dot4??
unsure and have used motorcraft in the past but expensive and i know theres better out there.
want somethin for enthusiastic driving.
any suggestions please.
elford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2005, 01:50   #2 (permalink)

Re: which brake fluid

The best that I have found is Motul RBF600 is the best that I can find at the moment It has a boiling point of 312Deg-C. so far that is the highest I can find and apparently the V8 supercars are using it also (unconfirmed rumor). the Price is $35.00 for 500ml.
The Motul dot ratings are Dot3 240deg-C / Dot4 245deg-C / Dot5.1 272deg-C / RBF600 312deg-C

Hope this has helped you

Also if anyone Knows of a better product regardless of price can you please post it hear.

Matt
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 02:15   #3 (permalink)

just found this on the web www.hprworld.com/index.cfm?form_cat-id=92@action=category

Matt
Old 01-07-2005, 22:14   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdennis1
I'm interested but the link doesn't work.

How would using something like the Motul fluid go with any brake warranty issues? Would it make a difference that i would be using a different fluid (even if it's supposed to be better) than that specified in the owners manual?
crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 23:28   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crank
I'm interested but the link doesn't work.

How would using something like the Motul fluid go with any brake warranty issues? Would it make a difference that i would be using a different fluid (even if it's supposed to be better) than that specified in the owners manual?

try this, go to the google search engine(just type google into your owne search the click on it) then type in brake fluid and you will see HPR World on the top right hand side in the sponsored links collum.
Hopes this helps
Also look carefully about the differance about dry and wet temps that may infulance you On the brand you get. Willwood had the highest dry temp and castrol had the highest wet temp
Just a note, Brakes are the most important thing on your car and depending on how you drive you should should alway buy the best you can afford.

Matt
Old 02-28-2005, 01:08   #6 (permalink)

street machine reckoned at least Dot 3 so whichever one above that is fine.
Badja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:01   #7 (permalink)
XR8 AU2 REBEL

i may be wrong but without upgrading your lines a high temp would make little differencce if any

ALSO FOCUS ST170
AUXR6VCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 06:42   #8 (permalink)

I've always used motorcraft - it's super dot 4, has been for ages. When the WA cops were specifying Castrol Ultrastop (straight dot 4), Castrol's claimed boiling points were lower than the Ford stuff. Is this the difference between "claimed" & "tested" peeking through?
Old 03-25-2005, 16:44   #9 (permalink)
If Only I Had Lexus Power

Lucas Grand Prix 600 - Dry boiling point of excess of 300 deg (572 f)

Wasnt that expensive Around the $30 - $40 mark i think for 1 litre

PS just found this

http://soarer.ace.net.au/brake_fluid.html - I like the look of the Ate blue fluid

http://www.shotimes.com/SHO3brakefluid.html
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ---- W 16 Configuration, Quad Turbo 1001 HP, 1250Nm, 4 Wheel Drive

Last edited by redGhia; 03-25-2005 at 17:09.
redGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 21:25   #10 (permalink)

I can confirm that some V8 Supercars use the Motul RBF600. Other still use Castrol SRF among other fluids. Caltex also now have a racing type fluid available now which is well priced and the good goss from the WRC is a fluid from Elf. Boiling points don't mean much when your mashing your pedal and it goes mushy - some fluids look better on paper than how they actually perform. That's my experience with AP fluids anyway. I ran SRF last year and only needed to bleed them once. Not bad for a years racing.:)
75Hardtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes