Ford Forums banner

Brake lights stuffed...

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  oze50 
G
#1 ·
Hey guys, another problem... :(

I had to change a brake light globe on the right hand side light cluster, i put in a globe, which has two wires inside it instead of one, which i'm pretty sure is the type of globe that it says in the manual.

Neway, it's hard to explain, but basically it shines brighter than the other brake/stop light globe, which is of exactly the same specs. I swapped the globes around, and the same thing, the globe that shone brighter, was now dimmer in the other brake light slot, and vice versa..

Now, the brake lights don't shine at all when the brake is applied, however, the lights work when i turn on my headlights, but one globe (the one on the left) shines brighter than the one on the left..

I don't know what the **** is wrong, obviously it is a wiring problem, or should i go and buy a new plastic light housing?

The other side, lhs light cluster works fine..

Thanks,
Dave

G
#2 ·
re

ye,the same thing happened to me i couldn't work out why one globe shone brighter than the other,so i bought another from the same place i bought the first one and they were ok.
next time a brake light goes out on my car il'l buy two globes hehe
i dont know why that is

G
#3 ·
Re: re

Check to see the offset bayonet fitting is in correct as you can fit it wrong....IE one pin is in deeper than the other...one for park/light and the other for brake....so try this ,pull bulb out and rotate 180 degrees and refit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.