Brake lights stuffed... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2002, 08:55   #1 (permalink)
antigravity

Brake lights stuffed...

Hey guys, another problem... :(

I had to change a brake light globe on the right hand side light cluster, i put in a globe, which has two wires inside it instead of one, which i'm pretty sure is the type of globe that it says in the manual.

Neway, it's hard to explain, but basically it shines brighter than the other brake/stop light globe, which is of exactly the same specs. I swapped the globes around, and the same thing, the globe that shone brighter, was now dimmer in the other brake light slot, and vice versa..

Now, the brake lights don't shine at all when the brake is applied, however, the lights work when i turn on my headlights, but one globe (the one on the left) shines brighter than the one on the left..

I don't know what the **** is wrong, obviously it is a wiring problem, or should i go and buy a new plastic light housing?

The other side, lhs light cluster works fine..

Thanks,
Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2002, 09:28   #2 (permalink)
Froggyspawn

re

ye,the same thing happened to me i couldn't work out why one globe shone brighter than the other,so i bought another from the same place i bought the first one and they were ok.
next time a brake light goes out on my car il'l buy two globes hehe
i dont know why that is
Old 05-07-2002, 16:27   #3 (permalink)
KLOMP

Re: re

Check to see the offset bayonet fitting is in correct as you can fit it wrong....IE one pin is in deeper than the other...one for park/light and the other for brake....so try this ,pull bulb out and rotate 180 degrees and refit.
Old 05-07-2002, 16:32   #4 (permalink)

Nothing to worry about, this is a common occurance if you replace only one globe, reason being is that the older globes fillament is worn, hence the dullness, the same thing happens if you only replace one headlight globe.
lizzard58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 01:57   #5 (permalink)

Re: Brake lights stuffed...

how about checking the earthing of the bulb of the dimming side
oze50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes