Ford Forums banner

Brake pad refunds and autobarn

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  oldbar 
#1 ·
At the beginning of March I bought a set front and rear bendix advanced pads for my ef2 fairmont wagon and also a set of dba rotors.
I put the rotors and the pads on.
I bedded them in but the brakes felt soft and unsafe.
I took it to my ford dealer and they told me the brakes felt bad so they went and rebleed them and then said they still felt unsafe so they recommended for me to replce the pads and when they did there was a big improvement.
Well I first contacted bendix they said it was up to the supplier and the store i bought it from.Well talk about a run around.Today I spoke to the store i bought it from and they have offered me a 50% refund for the front and i am waiting to see about the back pads.
Well I think this is a lesson to be learnt and I do know where I will not be buying anymore stuff.
Most major stores would offer u a refund if u are not happy and I thought buying from autobarn refunds would be not a problem guess I was wrong

#2 ·
Ok ...from my point of view if these pads werent suitable giving you a suitable ride, then I would ring my supplier and see if we could credit these ourselves. Which AutoBarn store did you go to?

Usually once something has been fitted to a car and used, then you have basically given up the right to bringing them back. But on the other hand the refund policy states if something isnt suitable to the application then some sort of credit or refund situation is required.

ViGiLaNtE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.