Brake pad refunds and autobarn - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2003, 23:58   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs down Brake pad refunds and autobarn

At the beginning of March I bought a set front and rear bendix advanced pads for my ef2 fairmont wagon and also a set of dba rotors.
I put the rotors and the pads on.
I bedded them in but the brakes felt soft and unsafe.
I took it to my ford dealer and they told me the brakes felt bad so they went and rebleed them and then said they still felt unsafe so they recommended for me to replce the pads and when they did there was a big improvement.
Well I first contacted bendix they said it was up to the supplier and the store i bought it from.Well talk about a run around.Today I spoke to the store i bought it from and they have offered me a 50% refund for the front and i am waiting to see about the back pads.
Well I think this is a lesson to be learnt and I do know where I will not be buying anymore stuff.
Most major stores would offer u a refund if u are not happy and I thought buying from autobarn refunds would be not a problem guess I was wrong
oldbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2003, 00:38   #2 (permalink)
V8 XW Ute/APV Kitted EBII

Ok ...from my point of view if these pads werent suitable giving you a suitable ride, then I would ring my supplier and see if we could credit these ourselves. Which AutoBarn store did you go to?

Usually once something has been fitted to a car and used, then you have basically given up the right to bringing them back. But on the other hand the refund policy states if something isnt suitable to the application then some sort of credit or refund situation is required.

ViGiLaNtE
Old 05-16-2003, 01:28   #3 (permalink)

Taree was the store.

My point is the refund policy is what u have stated and I am pretty sure it does not have any exclusions. It is stated that if something is not suitable to bring it back for a refund.
oldbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes