Ford Forums banner

Brake pads

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  snavy 
G
#1 ·
Hi all
I've got an 88 EA Falcon and the brake pads need replacing
I don't have a handbook for the car and was wondering if anyone knew of a place on the internet to find them?
Cheers

#2 ·
Find what? Brakes? Or a book?
A manual (Gregory's is best IMO) will set you back $30-40 from most car places ie Repco, supercheap, etc.
Brake pads...price depends on what you want. Expect to pay at least something in the region of $100-150 for Bendix or Repco pads. I never usually bother with the dealer for parts, as usually they are up to twice the price for the same quality as cheaper places.
In any case, I would advise you to shop around, you will find some places consistently cheaper than others on the same brand of part.

#4 ·
Go to www.discpads.com.au. They only sell Bendix pads (all I could see on their site, anyway) but they have a search feature where you enter your make, model, year, ABS/non-ABS, etc and it gives you the model number of the specific Bendix pad to suit your vehicle.

I bought my DBA rotors and Ultimate pads from them. Very quick service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.