Ford Forums banner

Brake pads that dont dust??

6K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  NAPARM 
#1 ·
Hiya, just a couple of weeks ago i put on some new bendix premium pads, and i hate em. Before i had standards which had no dust, and now the premiums are really shitting me to tears. :BW: Because i have a very open style wheel with a deep polished lip, the lip becomes black after just 1 day or night of driving (cruise last saturday with only mild braking they went black).

My question for people is has anyone ever used EBC Greenstuff pads, because i've heard pretty good things about them, except on dusting i've heard nothing. Also, possibly the new bendix advance pads, has anyone used these?? i understand that these are supposed to put out as little dust as the standards (not like premiums and ultimates).

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx

:help: :help: :help:

Lee

#3 ·
Hidden_Soul said:
I waorked in the brake industry for 2 years and maybe a good metal based pad might do the trick, dont know what is around these days it has been a while since I was in the game

But be advised of shorter disc live
I would agree with this. I run Bendix metal king plus, they give very good performance with no dust problems.

#4 ·
I've heard nothing but bad news for the Bendix Advance. I hear they disintigrate and fall apart plus reguarding your question, make dust. I use a cheaper pad (Trans Gold) but there one of the more expensive ones in that brand. They contain kevlar and brake really good (although took about a week to bed them in properly). They make minimal dust if any and have a good pedel feel. Stop good as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.