Ford Forums banner

Brake Problem!!!

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Jonathan 
#1 ·
Hi my dads 95 crown vic is making a REALLY weird and bad brake noise. Sometimes when coming to a stop at about 14 to 6mph the brake make a sound almost like a farting sound and while pushing the brake down it feels like theres some back presure. It still stops but it makes that sound and pushes the brake back. The ford mechanic said its normal and I know thats no where near normal. If anyone knows what the heck is going or or what I can do it would be greatly appreciated. Oh ya the ABS light is sometimes on after driving for a while but the Check Engine light is always on so if anyone knows a way to find out what that is let me know because on my Lexus SC there are ways to find out what check engine signs mean. If there is a way to do that in the crown vic like sticking a paper clip in the diagnostic socket or something if there is even one. Oh and the sound sometimes comes on while pressing the gas or not pressing anything. Well thanks anyways guys if you can post a message or email me at jimmit.amin@verizon.net

One more thing about the sound. It sounds like it comes from near or behind the actual pedal and I also got into an accident near there and sometimes when turning the wheel all the way it makes a weird sound kinda like somethings is rubbing against the car like the wheel but I'm not sure.

ooppps one more thing.... the sub is also blown. Any fixes for this?

later

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.