Brake Squeel - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2006, 02:15   #1 (permalink)

confused Brake Squeel

Hi all, i'm looking for suggestions... i have a 98 FBT, since changing my original rotors to DBA Gold 329mm, i have had terrible brake squeel,it appears to be coming from the right side only 99% of the time, so far this is what i've had done to remedy the squeel:slides and pins checked, rotors machined, changed pads from PBR to Lucas Walkinshaw, smoothed off leading edges on pads, applied countless ltrs of sticky shit behind pads (even though i have anti rattle clips & the pads lock into the calipers) tried braking late and hard, soft and early (like granny). The blokes at my local ABS brakes service are out of ideas... so if anyone has had the same problem or has any ideas please let me know. It's getting to the stage where i'll put city council bus stickers on it!
NL Tickford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2006, 04:18   #2 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: Brake Squeel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NL Tickford
Hi all, i'm looking for suggestions... i have a 98 FBT, since changing my original rotors to DBA Gold 329mm, i have had terrible brake squeel,it appears to be coming from the right side only 99% of the time, so far this is what i've had done to remedy the squeel:slides and pins checked, rotors machined, changed pads from PBR to Lucas Walkinshaw, smoothed off leading edges on pads, applied countless ltrs of sticky shit behind pads (even though i have anti rattle clips & the pads lock into the calipers) tried braking late and hard, soft and early (like granny). The blokes at my local ABS brakes service are out of ideas... so if anyone has had the same problem or has any ideas please let me know. It's getting to the stage where i'll put city council bus stickers on it!
My suggestion, slip down to your local BURSON AUTO PARTS store and buy some BOSCH QIK STOP Brake pads for about $35 - Problem solved!
These pads are made buy Bosch in Europe and i'm a huge wrap for them after huge squeeling issues with my BA. Slipped them in after advice from a mate and squeel is gone!
Fordaus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 07:12   #3 (permalink)

Re: Brake Squeel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NL Tickford
Try the quickstops , if that fails ask about the antisqueel pads , its a thin pad the goes behind the brake pad and generally quitens them right down .
My EL sprint made shocking noise under brakes from a fast pass so we threw in some $30.oo greens and filed the lead edge... the disk glaze wiped off and now its quite.
good luck
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 19:30   #4 (permalink)

Re: Brake Squeel

Thanks guys, i've mailed bosch to see if they have my pads as the FBT isn't on the ford list neither is the ELGT (same brakes), should know some time after the weekend?
NL Tickford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes