Ford Forums banner

Brake Upgrade

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MustangNicko 
#1 ·
Couple of questions for e series members regarding brake upgrades.

From makeing a few enquires, ive come up with the following two options, and id like some opinions as to which to go for, and if you feel that they are a good price.

Option one:

RDA brand, front and rear slotted disks, EBC pads all round, $490 supplied

Option two:
RDA rear slotted, DBA cross drilled and slotted fronts, EBC pads, $596 supplied

Im tending towards option one, as I dont feel the extra $100 towards x drilled is needed. Also, is it worth it to have the top pads on the rear seeing as the rears dont really do a lot of the braking, or should I go for a cheaper pad on the back and put the money saved towards the x drilled for the fronts....

#2 ·
RDA are good discs, they have been tried and tested and are used in the commodore cup. I used to work there and my uncle is the sales manager there. I would definetly spend the money on pads up front (EBC's up front and a softer compound on the rears). Be careful with the "hard" EBC's as they work best when constantly under heat and can minimise the disc life unless they are always stressed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.