Ford Forums banner

BRAKES ?????

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Paul 
#1 ·
EB2 sedan 4.0ltr, Brakes are OK in the dry but I am having a real problem in the wet! They just dont seem to pull up and feel real dodgy... but only in the wet???? Any ideas or has anyone else had this problem??
Any comments greatly appreciated.
KSK

#2 ·
hey kiwi
I had a similar thing happening to me before I had it machined and change to a new brake pad. The problem with mine was the pad was glazing which was ok in the dry but never comforable in the wet.
Clean your rotor or caliper of brake dust? Also check the brake pad if its glazy then get new pads and rotor deglazed.

#8 ·
Dont use bendix ultimates with dba gold disc's.
I had to have them machined after about 10,000km as the pads were to hard on the disc's and not to mention the dust!
Currently run National's (compound A) and find they are as good wet or dry and next to no dust.

G
#9 ·
Paul - that's right. Cebco is offering the club a 10% discount on it's twin pot setup.. here is a copy of the letter they gave us :

>2 X Twin Piston Performance Front Brake >calipers,
>Anodised Black as per the GT.
>
>2 X Disc Rotors measuring 330mm dia X 28mm thick,
>Slotted Performance design.
>
>2 X Stainless Steel Braided front Brake Hoses-street legal.
>
>2 X Modified Spindle Assemblies (these are on a change over basis),
>complete with brackets, spacers, bolts etc.
>
>Genuine Ford Upper & Lower ball joints.
>
>Hub Seals, Inner & Outer Bearings.
>
>Brake Fluid - DOT5.1 X 2 Bottles & High Temp Hub Grease.
>
>1 X Set Semi Metallic Front Brake Pads.
>
>Price: $2000 + freight (approx $60 into Sydney)
>
>Special Deal For Tickford Owners Club of NSW members....
>Genuine Less 10% on all product purchases.
>Therefore, cost of kit is $1800 + freight.

G
#10 ·
Now I find out.Sounds good I wish I knew of of that 18 month's back..
Wigman: D.B.A Gold are for possers with big rims to show off,did you read the tech from dba that came with them and on there site, its not the pads it's the nut behind the wheel.DBA even say they crack ,not for racing etc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.