Brakes - how do ya Stop them squeeking?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2004, 16:20   #1 (permalink)
FORD FREAK

Brakes - how do ya Stop them squeeking??

About a month ago i got all my discs machined and put new brake pads on all round on me EF Falcon sedan. Ever since I put them on they started to sqeek and I imagined that is was normal for new brake pads, but after allot of heavy braking and wearing them in they are squeeking louder than ever and getting worse.

Is there anything I can do to the pads to stop them squeeking or do I just need to get a different type of pad?
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2004, 17:51   #2 (permalink)

Re: Brakes - how do ya Stop them squeeking??

good question i got the same problem as well, after brakes been machines and new pads it started squeeking although mine only does it when initially driving the car after pads warm up it stops...cheap pads i presume?
EAtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 18:00   #3 (permalink)
FORD FREAK

I am not sure what pads are on there. My mechanic did it all for me and he is usually pretty good when it comes to quality of parts. Couldn't imagine they would be cheap pads but it might be that.

Mine squeek constantly when driving and only stop when I put my foot on the brake. It is a really annoying.
Old 04-01-2004, 18:00   #4 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

I have the same problem, new pads and discs 3 months ago now I have squealing when coming to a stop.

It sucks
Dan
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 19:10   #5 (permalink)
Formerly ef_ghiaI6

Yup. ill join in here...
Recently replaced my pads all around... I have dba slotted and crossdrilled rotors on the front, and dba standards on the rear. However lately i have squeeling whilst applying the brake.. starting to become increasingly annoying, and at times, embarrasing.
I have put on the anit-squeel stuff onto the pads/piston on the caliper, but this only works for a day or 2.

Im contemplating replacing my pads, even tho they are new.
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 19:35   #6 (permalink)
Normal Temp. Falcon!!!

my dad's commodore has the same prob... would be great to know how to fix it...
tubbyleahy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 00:59   #7 (permalink)

its caused by to much heat in the rotors they are most likly at there minimum thickness or the pads are to hard. if the rotor are within size try bendix std pads not ultimates etc my guess is one or the other is glazed up and that is what makes the noise my recomendations are only made if you are using it for road travel not on the racetrack hope this helps greg venomXR6
venomXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:34   #8 (permalink)

venomxr6..... bendix std's arent available anymore coz they contain asbestos. ultimates are the way to go now. Anyhow, i have the same problem as bishman. I have a AU11 XR6 and it was from the country so i dunno if the pads are shit or what but i cant imagine the rotors would be undersize. I havent changed the pads as yet but i think that will be the next thing. They squeel something shockin when im driving but stop when i brake. its sooooo annoying!!
Old 04-02-2004, 02:09   #9 (permalink)

yes i know that they started to phase them out but ultimates are just too dusty and not as good as the name says OK and if all these rotors have just been machined how can you say that none of these are not near being undersize or of poor quality same with the pads. let me show you an example buy a ba xr6 after about 15000k you get brake shutter bad take it back a few machings like 2 now the rotors have .6 of a mil till they are they are throw away its fords no waste policy the rotors are made from the waste engine blocks etc and ba is not the only series the only cure is to fit say dba rotors and non genuine pads.had the same problem on the ef. ford should just realise the problem cheers greg
venomXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 02:41   #10 (permalink)
EF & ZH owner

I use crc brake kleen on my rotars and it seems to help alot..

EF2 Futura - 2.5" zorst - K&N Filter - 3" intake - xr8 CAI - Wade 1004-14 Cam - Pacemaker PH4480 xtractors - 15" stockies

77 ZH Fairlane 500 - 302clevo - straight lpg - 12 slotters

God bless the lord, Henry Ford.
XCHASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes