Bushes in lower control arm (EL) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2004, 04:40   #1 (permalink)
formerly sikEA

Bushes in lower control arm (EL)

Hello boys and girls

Soon i am going to have to replace the bushes (front and rear) on the lower control arm in my EL. My question is what is the best brand to use? I have nolathane in there now (which for some reason have lasted only 12 months....but i did lower my car an inch in that time) and the guy at Pedders said Nolathane used to release a bush that was known for flogging out (he reckons i have these)

I have also heard of a few other brands, and even been advised to go back to rubber. Which is the best way to go about it? Im assuming the key to these bushes surviving is proper tightening with the car on the ground, what about lubrication? Any recommendations there? Pedders want $200 for the fronts only (installed) i can pick up front and rear pairs for around $90 the lot

cheers.

...mmm clevo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
And Yagz, come back in six months faggot
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2004, 12:31   #2 (permalink)

Re: Bushes in lower control arm (EL)

I have Superpro bushes all round in my ED and they are great! The handling is a lot more responsive than with the old rubber bushes.

I found http://www.whiteline.com.au to have the best prices for these bushes. Download the Superpro catalog from:

http://www.superpro.com.au/docs/superpro.pdf

and then search for the part numbers on the whiteline website.
Old 03-21-2004, 17:45   #3 (permalink)

factory rubber are ment to be better
last longer
less road vibrations
you won't find a differance in handling unless you race your car
EBV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 02:55   #4 (permalink)
Chasing down oil leaks...

poly urethane style bushes are supposed to be good which I think is between rubber and nolathane.

Dan..

Axeman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 05:13   #5 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

Nolathane is a brand, and they make Polyurethane bush's.
TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 01:15   #6 (permalink)

some of you are on the money polyurethane is a compound between rubber and urethane so it does not stretch control arms like urethane but while we on this subject the lube required is black molly litilum grease on all contacting surfaces of the bush and will need to take the control arms out every 1to 2 years and regrease thats if they dont run dry and start squeaking or wearing before hand .so i know which one id use POLYURETHANE but thats only my opinion greg venomXR6 CHEERS
venomXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes