Caliper conversion for an XA - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2005, 06:08   #1 (permalink)
Chris

Caliper conversion for an XA

Hi All,

I want to upgrade the brakes on an XA that I am going to rebuild. I'm not sure if there is a common conversion. Any ideas? I want to put a 4 spot caliper of some type on there.

Can any one suggest anything?

regards Chris
Envi XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2005, 13:48   #2 (permalink)

Re: Caliper conversion for an XA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envi XR8
Hi All,

I want to upgrade the brakes on an XA that I am going to rebuild. I'm not sure if there is a common conversion. Any ideas? I want to put a 4 spot caliper of some type on there.

Can any one suggest anything?

regards Chris
Why do you want 4 spot calipers, are you circuit racing?
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 15:21   #3 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

Hopper stoppers do brake kits for a xa falcon .I don't think they do a 4 spot but they are worth looking at for a idea on whats avail .
RRS do bigger brake systems than hoppers but thats with their suspension upgrade
tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 02:39   #4 (permalink)
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgs351
Why do you want 4 spot calipers, are you circuit racing?
The car will be built to do a variety of things, and saturday sprints are included in the plan. I have driven old fords most of my life, and after driving a BA, those old single spot clunkers just won't cut it. I like the whole package, going, and stopping!
Old 11-04-2005, 02:41   #5 (permalink)
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony xa
Hopper stoppers do brake kits for a xa falcon .I don't think they do a 4 spot but they are worth looking at for a idea on whats avail .
RRS do bigger brake systems than hoppers but thats with their suspension upgrade
Thanks for your reply. I wasn't sure if they did a conversion kit or not. Cheers. Mate.
Old 11-04-2005, 13:49   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
The car will be built to do a variety of things, and saturday sprints are included in the plan. I have driven old fords most of my life, and after driving a BA, those old single spot clunkers just won't cut it. I like the whole package, going, and stopping!
Owning a XB and BA, I prefer the single piston PBR's on the XB over the dual pistons PBR's on my BA.

In my XB it takes about four or five laps of Winton before I start to get any brake fade and I'm only using Comp 9 pads up front and Comp 2 pads at the rear. There are far hotter pads available, but the pads I am running are totally streetable and don't squeel at all.

If you are serious about multi piston calipers, speak to Race Brakes.
Old 11-04-2005, 14:20   #7 (permalink)
Chris

Quote:
Owning a XB and BA, I prefer the single piston PBR's on the XB over the dual pistons PBR's on my BA.

In my XB it takes about four or five laps of Winton before I start to get any brake fade and I'm only using Comp 9 pads up front and Comp 2 pads at the rear. There are far hotter pads available, but the pads I am running are totally streetable and don't squeel at all.

Thanks for that. QLD Raceway I'm told is tough on brakes and the bigger cars feel it a bit more. BTW what times do you get around Winton?
Old 11-04-2005, 14:54   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for that. QLD Raceway I'm told is tough on brakes and the bigger cars feel it a bit more. BTW what times do you get around Winton?
Doing low 1:50's on street tyres. The car is FAR faster than the drivers. We were braking from 180km/h on the front straight.
Old 11-14-2005, 17:07   #9 (permalink)

Quote:

Comp 9's are no longer made to suit the HQ pistons that I run, so use Comp 6 for street and Comp 15 for track.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes