Can things get any lower? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2004, 00:59   #1 (permalink)
Formerly: SmokeEA

frown Can things get any lower?

No, i havent lowered my car.

Few days ago on my way to my army unit, i noticed my low coolant warning indicator on. I pulled over, opened the bonnet and sure enuf, zero coolant. So, in full army uniform, i promptly pulled the bottle of coolant out of my boot and repelenished the tank. All good, or so i thought.

Two days later, i notice, whilst cleaning the engine area of oil, that the tank was half empty again. This time, i decided to check the hole engine bay for leaks. None visible. So i fired the car up and let it idle for 10 mins. Upon returning, i saw i nice patch of green liquid on the engine mount on the left side and could see the trail of liquid going up the oil filter and into where the Head Gasket is.

Great my head gasket is gone, again in less then 3 or 4 months.
Now thats fine, im selling the car very soon now anyway, i figure if i clean it up and say nothing at trade in, it will be sweet. This is where everything turns bad, very bad.

last friday, after work, i decide to go to a mates house for drinks. The night was good until we realised we were hungry. Because i had been drinking and i had th only car, i let one of my friends drive (BIG MISTAKE). We got to the shops and bought all our goodies, so far so good.

On the way back, my friend got "COCKY" and decided that he was very good at driving my car, as such, he took a corner a little hard, over steered and put the car up on to the kerb and into a tree. The tree was only small, and we were travelling at 20km/h and the damage was minor (only panel damage) but i was sitting in the passengers seat and watched this tree hit the front and slide past my window before stopping next to the rear passengers door. As a result, i got very freak and got out of the car and walked away so as not to physically hurt the driver.

In total, the front left guard needs replacing, the front door needs paint touch up, mirror needs to be replaced and rear door needs replacing(i damaged it as i got my car of the tree and back on the road). Atleast my mate is paying and so far the bill is not overtly great, and now i have an excuse to put EB mirrors on.

As of today, i have replaced the front guard and it looks good again, i have as yet to do the door and mirrors, im goin to wait until i have some photos before i do, but i needed to fix the guard because it was stuffed.

I'll load some pics when the driver can lend me his dig cam.

Anyways, my 10 cents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2004, 01:20   #2 (permalink)
{';'}

Re: Can things get any lower?

Bad luck mate, I hope your mate wasn't drinking. I would have punched him in the face if it were my mate.

I let a friend drive my car once and he got a bit cocky too, luckily nothing happened. However, now he will never get the chance to drive my ferkin' car again. Just a plain lack of respect for my property that I gave to him in full trust. But that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 01:25   #3 (permalink)
Sik EA bro

dam i woulda cracked the shits be better if someone hit me but ehhehe
Old 03-09-2004, 01:47   #4 (permalink)

No, he hadn't been drinknig, thats why i let him drive. As for hitting him, i would have, but i was really shocked and he was apologising all night and promising to pay, and he is the kinda guy who will.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:17   #5 (permalink)
{';'}

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeEA
No, he hadn't been drinknig, thats why i let him drive. As for hitting him, i would have, but i was really shocked and he was apologising all night and promising to pay, and he is the kinda guy who will.
Fair enough... I would just be absolutely furious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:07   #6 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

Quote:
Bad luck mate, I hope your mate wasn't drinking. I would have punched him in the face if it were my mate.

I let a friend drive my car once and he got a bit cocky too, luckily nothing happened. However, now he will never get the chance to drive my ferkin' car again. Just a plain lack of respect for my property that I gave to him in full trust. But that's just me.
on the EXTREMELY rare occasion i let anyone else drive my car i make them well aware of the consequences of a collision with any object whatsoever, ie a long slow painful death!

im glad that the guy that stacked it is paying up and that nobody is hurt - at least you have some things to be thankfull for.

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:37   #7 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

Bastard!
Good job he didn't break anything too serious, I'll bloody bet you were pissed!

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 21:27   #8 (permalink)

Yeah, i was angry, but at the same time, i was so shocked that i just got out of the car and walked away.
Old 03-11-2004, 00:57   #9 (permalink)

i would of mentioned that the head gasket blew only started when he hit the tree.......mmmmm dodgy act but hey he shouldn't of got cocky
Old 03-12-2004, 04:31   #10 (permalink)

Well, a week later andf i feel a little better. going to putb the mirrors and door on tomorrow. so it should look norm again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes