Cheap Tyres - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2005, 02:03   #1 (permalink)

Cheap Tyres

put my Pursuit on the hoist today to check the tail shaft noise checked the tyres on the front for wear. (nagtangs or what ever they are $200.00 a pop)
Absolutly amazing.
been running them at 60 psi and very impressed with the even wear.
Last set did around 25k and through the wire
these have now done the same and hardly marked
red250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2005, 05:45   #2 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Re: Cheap Tyres

I just have to say with a wife an d two kids I think of cheap tyres as much less than $200 a pop; in my book they're expensive tyres.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:39   #3 (permalink)

dude nankangs a $200 and you want cheaper, i dont think there any lower crap you can get! and 60 psi you must have death wish!! you want 45psi as a max, remeber cheap is cheap and you get nothing for free, seriously you get what you pay for
black ed xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:09   #4 (permalink)
Injection is nice But

Quote:
Originally Posted by black ed xr8
dude nankangs a $200 and you want cheaper, i dont think there any lower crap you can get! and 60 psi you must have death wish!! you want 45psi as a max, remeber cheap is cheap and you get nothing for free, seriously you get what you pay for

I admit the original SP9000 are a problem for mileage.

The are made for European High performance cars & I think the compound may be too soft for our conditions.

Most owners I have spoken too are happy with the grip of the sp9000 but not the life of the tyre or the cost of a replacement.

If anyone has a tyre they could recommend to grip as well both in dry & wet, conditions with an improved life I for one would like to Know.

I did not think Nangkangs were ZR rated, if not correctly rated they will effect you're insurance policy, this will give the insurance company an excuse not to pay a claim.

Brett
BAGTHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 05:59   #5 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Are we talking $200 per tyre or $200 for 4?
Old 07-27-2005, 06:07   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiblue
Are we talking $200 per tyre or $200 for 4?
What do you think ???????

As for the 45psi thats why you have tyre wear problems!!!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 06:12   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by black ed xr8
The nang kanngs @60 psi or what ever they are are better value than dunlops
@45 psi

tyres as long as they are round and black they all wear out eventually they still get you from a to b the same as the expensive ones
Old 07-27-2005, 16:56   #8 (permalink)

max inflation cold is 50 psi, so your running 60 cold when the tyre gets hot your actually running closer to 66psi, as for tyre milage at the end of the day its the car and the driver which will dictate tyre life, tread compound has absolutely nothing to do with anything becouse its not rated in a way where you can say one is softer than the next, having said that thought the cheaper tyres are made from crappier synthetic rubber as apposed to high end stuff like yokohama and bridgestone who use alot more natural rubber. although its no a zr rating, its fine becouse you are not altering the load rating of the tyre on the car. speed ratings have been dereged so its not a huge drama
black ed xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes