Costs of Buying Shocks and Springs Seperately - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2004, 21:56   #1 (permalink)
EBII

Costs of Buying Shocks and Springs Seperately

Im just looking at lowering my EB2 about 2 inches, and have been quoted between $950 - $1150 for supply and fit of bilsten (sp?) shocks and springs (unsure of the brand of springs) including fitting and a wheel alignment.

I can get a mechanic to install shocks and springs for about $280 for just labor, if i knew where to buy the springs and shocks seperately.

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy these in canberra, or alternatively via internet or mail order? What shocks would suit king superlows? could i just get some cheap monroe gt's? And would this end up being cheaper than just paying for the supply and fitting by a pro.

Old 03-24-2004, 15:53   #2 (permalink)
Lamahs approve of manuals

Re: Costs of Buying Shocks and Springs Seperately

The price on the bilstein is similar (well b etter actually) to what I've seen (was quoted $970 2 days ago for an EL XR8 - supply of shocks only).
Springs I would have thought most auto stores (auto1 etc) would be able to supply, similarly shocks should also be easy to get hold of (DON'T forget to tell them its lowered). I recently bought Monroe GT gas rears for $130/pair, fronts are about $300/pair.

If your remotely mechanically minded, the rears are pretty easy to do, fronts are a little more complicated (and you'll need to get the fronts aligned again anyways really). Any mechanic should be able to install, but ensure they have decent equipment for alignments.
XR8 Lamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 18:00   #3 (permalink)
'90 EA-II Fairmont

Autobarn quoted for my EA $117 for the front pair of king spring superlows and $117 for the rear also, and for shocks, front are $140 -each- and rear $80 -each-.
SileNceR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 23:46   #4 (permalink)

is that the autobarn in victoria? are they all the same prices for all teh autobarn stores in aus? becuase 117 dollars for superlows is dirt cheap ive been quoted 160 for them at repco and auto1
EAtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 23:59   #5 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

repco are crap. i always use autobarn. usually are cheaper than anywhere else.
Old 03-25-2004, 05:28   #6 (permalink)
'90 EA-II Fairmont

yes thats in vic, and was for an ea, i assume the springs are the same ea-ed so should be price state wide... unless my mate was giving me special prices in which case just ask if they would be able to do them under $120 a pair and see what they say :D
Old 03-26-2004, 06:24   #7 (permalink)

What part no are your Kings Front Superlow Springs ???
Did you use Superlow Short Travel Front Struts or Standard Struts ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SileNceR
Autobarn quoted for my EA $117 for the front pair of king spring superlows and $117 for the rear also, and for shocks, front are $140 -each- and rear $80 -each-.
Old 03-27-2004, 18:34   #8 (permalink)
{';'}

KruXoR, try Whiteline. I ordered a set of superlow springs for my ED over the Internet - sent to my door for $350 or so. Apparently their a pretty good product so I can justify the extra cost.

SileNceR - was that price quoted for short-stroke shocks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 02:00   #9 (permalink)
'90 EA-II Fairmont

clevo 400 i've got no idea,

and Xrated, i've actually forgotten already - they weren't munroe shocks tho; they were to suit super low springs but i forgot the brand they recommended
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes