Csa Edge Rims - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2004, 23:16   #1 (permalink)
GUN.40L

Csa Edge Rims

i went out mag wheel shopping today and from the VAST range we so lucky e series owners have i concluded that i think the csa edge is a nice not so over the top rim. i didnt like it at all once shown in the catalogue but once up against the car it looked quite nice. the one that was put against the car was the one with the black insert (i think its platinum). looked nice as my car is cardinal red with the standard grey body moulds with black inserts in them. my question is what do you guys think of these rims on an eb?? and should i go the silver or the platinum on the inside. id love to see these rims on a car if anyone has any. thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2004, 00:44   #2 (permalink)

Re: Csa Edge Rims

Well, considering most CSA designs are about 10 years behind, they'd look perfect on an EB! Seriously! I've seen them on an AU and they look sh*thouse.
MrPlow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 03:16   #3 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

sorry mr plow you are sooooo wrong.

These are by far the best rims for an e-series atm. Get them and I will be insanely jealous!

Im planning to get them or the ed sprint svo rims atm. A merc e55 amg went passed me today. That is a horn sedan! Low, wide with big rims (that kinda look like svo ones)..I wabnt my car to look as good as it

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 01:41   #4 (permalink)

Well, that's just my personal professional opinion. These people don't even do a single 19" or 18x9 wheel.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:52   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlow
Well, that's just my personal professional opinion. These people don't even do a single 19" or 18x9 wheel.
MrPlow is right... compared to some other companies...

CSA has dropped the ball :(
EFGTHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 19:02   #6 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Quote:
May I ask how you come to be a professional? Its a pretty narrow minded view to say that a company is crap just because they dont make certain sizes.

Also, what do I want with a 18+ size wheel? There is no way i hell im paying 260+ per tyre; what a joke.

17' is big enough. And we are talking an e-series here so the options are VERY limited.

Im not going to be a sheep and get some crappy EL XR6/8 wheels, been there and done that and it sucks. Ill drive on stockies before going factory again :/

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 02:15   #7 (permalink)

FoMoCo

Well, a professional would be someone who works in the industry, which I do. I started in wholesale and I am currently working in retail a tyreshop assistant manager, until March when I will be assigned a store to run.

You are picking on one thing I said, which is twisting the fact to suit you. I said a few other things, so you may want to re-read my posts.

As for 18"+ wheels, well, CSA don't cater only for you, do they? A few years back, 18s were in, and 19s were out of reach for most people. Your garden variety SS comes with 18" wheels as standard, HSVs run 19s as does the GT-P. I've run two sets of 19s on my Falcon, and my current rims are 9" wide at the back. Just check the forums and you'll notice a lot of people running wider rims on the back, and 19x9/9.5 rims are not uncommon either these days.

True, there isn't much out there for pre-AU cars, but that still doesn't change the fact that CSA designs are OLD. Two of their new designs, Shift and Blast, look like something Advanti or even Speedy would have done 5+ years ago. Sure the Gladiator and Dominator look good, but two styles don't make a range. They're becoming a bit like Performance Wheels, and that's NOT a good thing.

The market is changing and they are not keeping up with it.
Old 12-10-2004, 04:30   #8 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Quote:

....a professional would be someone who works in the industry....
Hey, I respect that your entitled to your opinion......but working in the industry does not make you a professional.

It just makes you someone who works in the industry.

That's not to say your wrong about CSA

Assistant manager heh. I remember when you were on out of work bum getting banned from the forums and I still reckon your AU was at it's best without the bodykit and with the AU1 XR 17". But that just an opinion too.
RAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 17:16   #9 (permalink)

Raptor, I was never a bum! hehe Just between jobs. The longest I've spent in the jobmarket was 3 months because I wanted to get into the industry that I'm in now.

As for my AU, yeah, it looked good back then. I think I'm over the Jap-style front bumper.

Anyway, getting off topic...
Old 12-10-2004, 19:27   #10 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Raptor retracts the "... out of work bum ..." comment and good on you for getting into the industry you wanted. From my experience it could do with some people that know what's they're talking about and want to be working there.

Since when have you worried about hijacking threads? Lol
RAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes