E-Brake - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 20:40   #1 (permalink)

E-Brake

I want to fix my emergency brake but I wouldn't know where to start. If the cable of fine I don't want to fix the whole thing. Any suggestions on where to start?
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 03:39   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: E-Brake

No disrespect , but you would be better trying to enrol in some sort of car maintenance course which are usually run locally to get the basics of repairing cars .That way , when we offer advice and help you would at least have an idea what to do .As of now I would be loath to advise you further as it's obvious you have VERY limited knowledge in car repairs and my days of training apprentices are long gone .It's impossible to impart whats involved in the repairing of all the different subjects you are asking about over a website unless you have some mechanical ability and skills . Now you are moving onto brakes which if incorrectly repaired could cost you or other road users harm if they fail .If you are going to try and repair cars , you need to get someone to instruct and teach you , thats why we served an apprenticship . It cant be taught and learned in days , weeks or months .It's an ongoing process where you learn every day . By all means if you would like to repairs cars , good luck and enjoy but please get some instruction or training .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:19   #3 (permalink)

Re: E-Brake

Ghost hes right break systems should not be done unless your familiar you need breaks I realize your only working on a parking break but still. Seriously any community collage has classes if not check out Universial Technical Institute. Its a good school and will teach you all you need to have a basic understanding of todays cars
Doug14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes