Ford Forums banner

e-series steering racks, is there a difference???

7K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  MADNC_8 
#1 ·
hey guys and girls just wondering if theres a difference between the ea to el steering racks, i know im gonna need a new steering rack and just wanted to know if there is any difference, that includes weight (how much harder it is to turn the wheel), full lock to lock ratio, and if there compatible with ea's. im geting a second hand one for 5 bux just got to pull it off my self, how hard are these to pull of by the way, isnt it just the two ends that bolt onto the tie rods and 4 more bolts that hold it to the car underneath, never done one on a e-series.

Cheers
Ehab

#9 ·
ill try to get an ED rack if not ill just get another ea one, my uncles ED has a heavier steering rack compared to mine and i want something like that. thanks guys for the help well see what i can get any ways.

Ehab

#10 ·
how does the speed sensitive steering work? the faster your goin the easier it is to turn or what?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.