EA Suspension probs - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2004, 03:27   #1 (permalink)
Pimpin the chrome

EA Suspension probs

Hey guys, Wasnt sure if this was the place to post it but...

While driving my EA around yesterday i noticed while the stacker was changing cd that there is a rather load "Knock" sound from the passenger side rear of the car, sounds almost like a Trailing arm? Doesnt happen when i turn left, only right?

Also my Passenger side tyre is wearing out very quickly. Its completely scrubbed out after 1 month. Now I know that the drivers side lower balljoint is worn and i was going to change that asap but Im not sure why the other side is scrubbing out... any thoughts?

EF head | EF XR6 Cam |Pacemaker 3320(?) extractors | Hiflo cat
3:23 | Auto | XH Snorkle | Thermos | 2.5" Mandrel Exhaust
Full NC2 Sportsman Interior inc Dash & Electrics
Custom Clear Tailights and Garnish
Sprint kit | Moffat front bar (soon) | king lows
FTR Chrome Rims | Driving lights | Custom ED Mesh grill
Pioneer of the Clear ED tailights
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2004, 05:26   #2 (permalink)
Australian Falcon Member

Re: EA Suspension probs

Hmmm - are you SURE it's from the rear? Why I ask is that for months I've been saying to my wife that the car has this clunk from the rear passenger side and only turning right - I'd jacked it up and had a look and couldn't find anything - I even transposed the shockies from side to side to see if that was it.

It progressively got worse to the point where it was happening regularly instead of occasionally - then the other day we were going along this RH curved driveway and there were undulations that made the clunk/knock happen really badly. Now, to me this sounded like the rear absolutely no doubt (I turned and spat some nice language over my left shoulder) - but my wife was positive it came from the front! - so I jacked it up and my fwd top arm bush was STUFFED!! The whole arm was just sloppy as buggery and rocking back and forth something like a couple of inches at the top of the spindle member. Rear bush was fine.

No certainty this is the same thing with yours but it could be worth having a good look at your front top arm bushes.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes