EBC Green Stuff pads - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2003, 03:03   #1 (permalink)

Question EBC Green Stuff pads

What do you guys think of the EBC green stuff pads? are they worth fitting?

i'm currently using DBA slotted disks front and rear with Bendix Ultimate pads. The ultimates create so much dust i have almost giving up on cleaning my rims as they covered in black dust within two days.
they also make a high pitch squeal when i brake at speeds lower than 25km/h or coming to a stop - its very loud and annoying.

i'm just about ready to get rid of them even though they are still have plenty of life left in them as they are no longer worth the headache.

Has any one tried the green stuff and what do you think of them?
what other options in brake pads can you suggest?
AU1XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2003, 03:25   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: EBC Green Stuff pads

The EBCs are initially very good but become equally as noisy when partially worn although they are relatively easy from a dust point of view.

Hard disks and hard pads are a poor combination.
Braking performance is mostly about sacrificing both to generate maximum friction. It's one of the reasons that optional units like the AU/BA Brembos don't have very good pad or rotor life but compensate for that with excellent braking performance (AP's issues aside).

The DBA rotors are fairly hard so a soft pad would be the best option even if the life of them was considerably shorter.

Cheers
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 03:44   #3 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Read this thread;

greenstuff help
Old 07-03-2003, 04:16   #4 (permalink)

What do people think of the Bendix Perfomax then? i was looking the bendix website and noticed a new set called Advanced

http://www.bendix.com.au/_products_advance.asp
AU1XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 05:03   #5 (permalink)
OFR #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU1XR6
What do people think of the Bendix Perfomax then?....
I run the performax on my EL with standard disks. They produce basically no dust compared to the standard EL pads (which would start to cover the mags in a few days) and I haven't noticed any noise with them.

The main problem I find with them is they don't work that well cold (I have a steep drive and have to stand on the brakes hard every morning so I don't rip my front spoiler off at the bottom of the drive) and even when they are warm they are nowhere near as good as the standard Ford pad for stopping.

Mick

APS Stage II = 267rwkw = 12.16@118.5mph on street tyres
Big Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 07:40   #6 (permalink)

I have metal kings with standard rotors in my XF, and they are great, no noise and hardly any dust (only noticeable after about a week) they brake really well too.
XESpakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 01:41   #7 (permalink)

I tried the Advance pads and they overheated my DBA Slotted rotors,replaced the rotors with DBA Slotted again and now run Performax without a problem,no dust,no noise and good stopping
Old 07-04-2003, 01:51   #8 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
The EBCs are initially very good but become equally as noisy when partially worn although they are relatively easy from a dust point of view.

Hard disks and hard pads are a poor combination.
Braking performance is mostly about sacrificing both to generate maximum friction. It's one of the reasons that optional units like the AU/BA Brembos don't have very good pad or rotor life but compensate for that with excellent braking performance (AP's issues aside).

Cheers
Russ
I though that was more an issue with std t3 brakes?
Are Brembo's the same with rotor wear?
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 02:01   #9 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by taximan
I tried the Advance pads and they overheated my DBA Slotted rotors,replaced the rotors with DBA Slotted again and now run Performax without a problem,no dust,no noise and good stopping
I run the exact same setup you did and found the same problem occured. To start with, the braking was good but after a while, the bite that I had dissapeared. My braking induced the overheating of my slotted rotors and in turn, hot spots. I'm still pissed off with this problem and not sure what to do. Seeing that I'm not alone on the problem, can you tell me any more info on the current setup you have?
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 02:20   #10 (permalink)

Once you get hot spots your stuck with it untill you replace the rotors.According to Bendix the Performax pads have a higher heat range so will not overheat the rotor,DBA say the problem is caused by not bedding in the pads proberly on a new rotor DBA advise very gentle braking for the first 500ks and avoid getting the pads hot until the rotors have bedded in.I took the advise offered fitted the new rotors,new pads spent 30mins bedding the pads in very gently drive easy on the brakes for about 1000ks and now they work great.Hope this helps.PS if you e-mail DBA about the problem they will ring you back and offer heaps of help,nice people
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes