ED ABS is giving me the S**ts - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2005, 22:42   #1 (permalink)

ED ABS is giving me the S**ts

Ok , I have an ed fairmont(wifes car) originally when starting the car abs light would come on after a minute.Tried to put it into test mode wouldn`t do it, it started doing this after we replaced the old battery in it.anyway it was suggested the ecu was faulty. I picked up a second hand ecu wacked it in all was good 30 mins later driving through peak traffic abs light comes on again.But his the catch if I stay under 55kmh it doesn`t come on.I live in bentleigh vic does anybody know a mechanic that (a) won`t rip me off,(b)knows what he is doing and preferably can hook it up to a computer for diagnosis as i want to get this fixed b4 winter.I suspect it is a wheel tone or wheel sensor.
stang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2005, 14:35   #2 (permalink)

Re: ED ABS is giving me the S**ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65
Ok , I have an ed fairmont(wifes car) originally when starting the car abs light would come on after a minute.Tried to put it into test mode wouldn`t do it, it started doing this after we replaced the old battery in it.anyway it was suggested the ecu was faulty. I picked up a second hand ecu wacked it in all was good 30 mins later driving through peak traffic abs light comes on again.But his the catch if I stay under 55kmh it doesn`t come on.I live in bentleigh vic does anybody know a mechanic that (a) won`t rip me off,(b)knows what he is doing and preferably can hook it up to a computer for diagnosis as i want to get this fixed b4 winter.I suspect it is a wheel tone or wheel sensor.
clean the wheel sensors,they are held in with one bolt, majority of the time they are covered in metal as they are magnetic.try this first
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 02:00   #3 (permalink)

Re: ED ABS is giving me the S**ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece1
clean the wheel sensors,they are held in with one bolt, majority of the time they are covered in metal as they are magnetic.try this first
Any idea what they look like and what to clean them with.
stang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes