Ford Forums banner

EF - already lowered, but ass end still too high!

4K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  b-juggles 
#1 ·
I'm not really thrilled with Ford's suspension setup for the EF's, so ive killed off the 4wd ride height - had it lowered using King Lows about 8 months ago.

But im still not really happy with how high the rear of the car is, so im wondering what can be done to bring it closer to being level with the front? I know Whiteline make a full kit to lower the EF's and EL's so they are level, but id like to retain the original King Springs if possible. So Im wondering, would Superlows in place of the Lows at the rear do the job?

#2 ·
Add some weight :) Get LPG, a sub box or...add a few more spare tyres :) lol

Cheers
Sav

#3 ·
If your not after that full sik scrape everything superlow look (like the kind you get with King Superlows) im told the Lovells superlows are somewhere smack in the middle between the King lows and Superlows in terms of ride height

Im in the same boat, I'd love my EL to sit maybe half an inch lower in the butt (i have king lows all round) but am not ready to go at it with a angle grinder.......yet.

#4 ·
got super lows in my ea, the rear still sits up higher then the front, and ive got gas, so i put 3 spare tyres and a 12inch sub in my boot (sub wasnt even conected) to make it lower still wasnt low enough had to get my freinds to ride in the car too so i could show a guy how low i want it. you can go to some places to get your springs reset, you just tell them that i want these springs to sit an inch lower or so and theyll do them for you in about 2 hours or so, it shold only cost 70bux or so. cheaper then buying new springs, but oyu cant lower them too much other wise youll get coil binding, thats were the coils dont have enough space to travel up and down. hope this helps at all.

Ehab

#5 ·
Mate if you are going to lower your car don't waste your time and money going lows, they are at standard XR height. Go superlows, I have on an XR6 and have not scrapped anything. Sits perfectly. Camber kit will be required though. A big handling improvement believe me over standard lows.

#9 ·
how much did you guys pay for the kyb's, plus fitting these did the front drop down any more?? apparently pedders sports riders lower the car more at the front.

Ehab

#10 ·
Need PSI said:
how much did you guys pay for the kyb's, plus fitting these did the front drop down any more?? apparently pedders sports riders lower the car more at the front.

Ehab
The sports ryders have a lower spring seat on the front strut hence lowering the car an extra 15-20mm or so.
Once Rmyers' car is finished it might be worth taking a look at pics of his car, he used to have Monroe's in the front and put in sports ryders coz the front was too high.

#12 ·
An option is to get your "too high" springs reset to the height you want at a fraction of the cost of buying new. It just means your car is out of action for a few days. In Adelaide you go to Industrial Springs tell them how much lower you want your car to sit, they work it out and compress the springs to suit. I had it done on my NF Fairlane after I had enough of guess work. Ride height worked out spot on. So if the springs you have feel ok, you can maybe save some money. As far as how low you can go, what's it like for meanies defecting you. Over here they set up random defect stations on the roadside.

#14 ·
Need PSI said:
you can go to some places to get your springs reset, you just tell them that i want these springs to sit an inch lower or so and theyll do them for you in about 2 hours or so, it shold only cost 70bux or so. cheaper then buying new springs,
Anyone know of where this can be done in melbourne? I need the back lil lower too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.