EF performance suspension options? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2002, 04:29   #1 (permalink)
EFing Quick!

Question EF performance suspension options?

I went into Pedders Suspension the other day and had one of their 28 point suspension safety check and, among other things, the original shocks were slightly worn. I was thinking of upgrading the suspension to a performance or sports type later anyway and hopefully greatly improve handling and high speed stability (it has been lowered 1.5").

I have heard of other brands on this board but the guys there gave me a quote on their own range of suspension.

Pedders "Comfort Gas" - $368 front and $207 rear.
Pedders "Sports Ryder" - $470 front and $255 rear.

Basically the former is a moderate improvement (25%) over the standard shocks while the latter is their performance brand, so they say. Any thoughts?
Beefchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2002, 18:06   #2 (permalink)
Proud EF Owner

Well, I was going to get the Sports Ryder Package for my EF, but lots of people have told me that pedders suspension is highly overrated and prone to wearing out quickly....

IF you do a search on these forums, most of the guys seem to suggest Monroe GT shocks and King Spring superlows, which is what I'll be getting for my baby as soon as I assemble the money and finish other activities I am doing to my car....

Just my 2 cents....
iLoveMyEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 18:50   #3 (permalink)

I have the Sports Ryder package on my EL and I am very happy with the final result. All of my friends have it on their carz and they havent had any problems at all. I highly recommend Pedders altho I dont know ne1 with Monroe so I cant say nething bout them.

Either way it will be a huge improvement on what u have now!

Good Luck!
Old 11-06-2002, 19:25   #4 (permalink)

I have a set of Monroe GT Gas and King coil springs on my old car which was a Sigma. (NOTE FOR SALE)

They are nice, a little harder than my friends pedders kit but then that was prob just the weight diff between 87 sigma and VS Commie

Im now looking for a package for my ED Fairmont
6pAc|30nG|00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 20:11   #5 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

I replaced the stock shocks on the ED at around 60 thou kms with Pedders Comfort Gas. They certainly made a marketed improvement at that time (ie. OEM shocks had gone bye byes).

Now with another 90 thou kms added I reckon they are also well past their best. Time I started seriously looking for a suspension upgrade also.

I'm thinking King/Bilsteins is the pick for good ride & performance but a bit pricey.
Old 11-07-2002, 00:45   #6 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Fan

I have King Springs (Low) and Monroe GT Gas shocks. All up the cost was $484 for parts and i fitted them myself. I must say im very happy with the ride. I had pedders stuff in my XD (previous car) and it was pretty good, but i think that the King springs and GT Gas shock combo is better (better ride, handling about the same).

My 2c

'69 XW Fairmont GS (GT Replica), Reef Green 351c 2V (not for long ), Top Loader, 9" with 3.55's,
RedEF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 07:38   #7 (permalink)
EFing Quick!

Ok thanks for the suggestions!

I'll do a bit more research and let you know how it all goes in a week or two.
1995 EF Futura - Crow stage 2 cam & adjustable gear, K&N cold air intake, AU XR intake snorkel, Advance stainless steel extractors, hi-flow cat converter, 2.5" pipe, 17" ROH RT shadow chrome mags, Pedders sports ryder suspension, DBA gold cross drilled/slotted rotors, lowered 1.5", camber kit, engine + starter immobiliser and microwave sensor security system.

Teh funnay is now linked here!
Beefchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes