Ford Forums banner

ef XR6 Brakes

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  TIKFD6 
#1 ·
hey people,
im after ef xr6 brakes the whole assembly for my 1997 xh falcon ute. there is a huge brake shutter problem when i brake above 40km. so instead of buggerisin around with the stock brakes i wanna fit the xr6 one's. Will they be a straight swap? does anyone have them? i would like to go aftermarket but dont wanna spend 2k's on brakes when the car cost me $4,000.00 (baught off parents has 280,000km on the clock) no it wasnt a taxi! Can anyone help me out?????
Thanks dayne

#4 ·
if you want better braking, i would get DBA cross drilled and slotted rotors, and a set of good pads.

I am sure the XR Brakes are the same as standard falcon brakes, (apart from the booster). it wont cost you anywhere near 2k. i believe the cebco brakes cost about 2000 big ones, but thats some pretty full on brakes. TIKFD6 recently fitted those to his car

#7 ·
Get yourself a set of DBA slotted rotors for the front. Don't bother with crossdrilled as there is no real cost/benefit even up to heavy street use.
Get a set of Bendix Ultimate pads and stick them on the front.

Have done this on an AU1 XR, current ED XR, XEs, XFs, XBs incl GT etc...
(I have been advised that the AU1 XR pads are actually Ultimates - the slotted rotors made a HUGE difference).

It's the only way to go - the brakes become fabulous !.

BTW - you should also have the rear discs machined and stick Ultimates there at least.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.