Ford Forums banner

EL Front bearings

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  fordel 
#1 ·
How do you know if your wheel bearings are shot?

I know when I had my rotor's machined the other week, the guy said there were metal shavings all over them, and now they are starting to make a ticking noise everytime I drive along.

Is this a good indication that they are stuffed and I should get them replaced ?

Would be just another thing to fix up as well as my damn air con which has now started leaking when its turned on, would that be from the compressor ?

Cheers for the help

Chris

#2 ·
try the wiggle test...if you jack the wheel up grab it at 3 and 9 o'clock and push it in and pull it out..If there is more than a few mm of movement the wheel bearing is tired...Failing that, if you can here the bearing and your sure its the bearing they are screwted too...

#3 ·
Cheers, havent had a chance to try the wiggle test yeat, im pretty sure its the bearings as i can hear a strange ticking noise from teh front wheels mainly the left hand side as the brake guy pointed that out as being the worst one of the two

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.