Ford Forums banner

EL GT rims

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  blueovalxfboy 
#1 ·
im after some EL GT rims for my EFll in silver.

anyone know where i can pick some up cheapish, i thought there was forsale forum around here, it seems to have dissapeared on me.

Cheers
Greenie.

#2 ·
roughly $600/rim from ford (thats if they even still have them, not sure), or a set of copies will set you back around $1k or so.

There are genuine ones going on Ebay atm, IMHO its far cheaper (and more practical, how pissed would you be if you scraped a genuine one on a gutter) to buy a set of copies.

EDIT: Sorry, just read your post and from what i gather you dont want genuine ones. In that case, try www.tyrefactory.com.au. A lot of E series guys have dealt with them and apparently they're pretty good.

#4 ·
exactly the same bar width (i think the copies are 7.5" whereas the genuine ones are 8" or something like that, someone who has them will be able to tell you for sure), and the copies come with tickford centre caps, whereas genuine ones had the ford logo on the centre cap. apart from that, exactly the same.

Not sure on what company makes them.

#10 ·
thats far too expensive, I saw genuine ones in perfect condition last week for $1000 and that was with two sets of tyres too !

#11 ·
$1750 at my local ford spare parts, brand new set of 5 with no tyres.... clearance tho so prolly no-where else has any

#12 ·
ChuBBz said:
Honestly Chubbz $2600 that he is after is pretty good, i sent him an Email and he sent my some pics, the wheels are in perfect condition, and the Tyres are Brand new.
He said to me he would take no less than $2400.

The Copies are around $1200 a set then tyres, so your looking at around $2000, with 1/2 decent tyres.
the Genuine ones are 17x8.5", the copies are 17x8".
I have also heard of no less than 4 of the copy wheels , on diferent cars cracking or breaking spokes and this was in normal road use.

#14 ·
I got my set of copies for $1200 with tyres, but the place has closed down about 2 months a go. I've had them for 12 months and no problems. I haven't heard about cracking or breaking spokes until this thread. Where about is it cracking? Is it hair line or big time that I should be looking for?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.