EL XR6 Ride Height Problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2003, 14:24   #1 (permalink)
Randim56

EL XR6 Ride Height Problem

HI all, I've asked this before but am still trying to find an answer.
Have recently fitted new lower springs all round. The car now sits app. 30mm lower on the back left then the back right and app 20mm higher on the front right than on the front left.
I hope this makes sense.
I have had the obvious checked, anti sway bars not bent, all springs (so the shop say were correct)
It seems to my untrained eye that the front right spring is the problem in it is too high and so pushing the back left of the car down. We temporarily packed under the back left spring by app. 20mm, this lifted the car but only by app 10mm, so once again i keep getting back to possibly a problem with the opposite front corner?
The car also seems to handle slightly erratically when corner ing hard and putting load onto the side that is lower but is rock solid in the other direction.
It still seems to have the original shocks, the rears have plenty of moevement available but the fronts when the car is sitting empty have less than 60mm of movement available.
Sorry for the long drawn out question but i'm getting nowhere with local shock shops aprt from them wanting to sell me everyting but the kitchen sink.. I don't mind paying as long as i'm paying for the right parts... any help greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2003, 16:10   #2 (permalink)
XR Driver

Re: EL XR6 Ride Height Problem

Hrmmm Ive been told that the front right hand side spring is not as stiff as the other four so when u sit in the car the height will be perfect all round ?????????? It makes sence ...... or does it, all of my mates that have superlows the right is a tad higher when no 1 is in the car
miro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 18:06   #3 (permalink)
Randim56

Re: EL XR6 Ride Height Problem

Yes I have also been told that there is a difference in left and right springs but over 20 mm is a bit exptreme and when you sit in the car there is no noticeable difference and it handles a bit strange as well...
I have just tempoarily clamped the front right spring down by 15 mm... has made a difference but not as much as i would expect...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes