Ford Forums banner

EL XR6 wheels on an EA and the price they should be sold

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  TIKFD6 
#1 ·
I have a 1996 EL XR6. It came with stock 15" wheels which I want to change in a few months. My mate has an 89 EA Fairmont Ghia and would be interested in buying them off me. I am quite sure that these wheels would have no problems fitting. Am I correct, or is the offset different?

The tyres don't have much tread left on them, and the way I drive will be unroadworthy by the time I want to pt some 17" on. What would be a reasonable price to sell a set of stock 15" EL XR6 rims (5 wheels including spare) taking into consideration that the tyres would have to be replaced?

#2 ·
It would fit an EA without a drama. I fitted EL XR8 16 inch wheels to my EB wagon. The wheels that will not fit are the AU wheels.

15 inch wheels that are clean try 600 bucks. To me that sounds fair for 5 wheels and crappy tyres.

#5 ·
Jack_Travis said:
Yes they are 16".
16" but they came with 15" too.

#7 ·
Yep the 16 inchers were optional, but quite frankly I think the stabdard 15's are too plain. They would hoever look allright on my mates EA.

Common guys, I really need to know what a fair price to charge (a mate:hehe2: ) 5 xr6 rims with bald tyres for?

#8 ·
Hey Cobra I would think any more than 100 dollars a wheel would be to much. I would say for a mate 350 or 400 for the set. If he is a really good mate I would reckon 250. You never know one day he might win tattslotto and dont worry he will remember you let him have those wheels for 250 :pow: :pow:

#9 ·
I stand corrected guys. I know the 15" wheels you are referring to, though when people speak of EF/EL XR wheels, they typically refer to the 16" items.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.