Firenza tyres - info? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2005, 15:58   #1 (permalink)
BA XR6

Firenza tyres - info?

Looking for some new tyres for my XR6 other than Dunlop. Have been shown a tyre brand by the name of Firenza made in Japan. Has anyone heard of these or had any experience with them?
bilo0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2005, 23:00   #2 (permalink)

Re: Firenza tyres - info?

I took a set off a Fairmont yesterday and the bloke was saying they were starting to lose grip and slip, and these things were probably about 60% worn. I haven't heard anyone raving on about them.

I'd seriously look at Kumho if you're after a good, budget tyre. More and more people are giving them the thumbs up. I want to get some to check them out myself, but I'd have to pay wholesale prices! hehe
MrPlow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 15:12   #3 (permalink)
BA XR6

Thanks for the feedback. Will take that into consideration....
bilo0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 17:08   #4 (permalink)

toyo sposed to be alrite. im gunna try em. anyone had these?
rhino6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 17:45   #5 (permalink)

Toyo's are good tyres, but make sure they're not old stock or discontinued items because they won't as good as the new patterns. Which patterns are you looking at?
MrPlow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 03:01   #6 (permalink)
The Shopping car !!

I have just over 1000K's on a set of 235/45/17 firenza's and they seem great so far. VERY quiet and grip is OK. (Better than the falkens they replaced) I think good value at 150 odd $. If they were more $, they wouldnt be as good ! Worth considering if you like quiet tyres, and not the last nth degree of grip !
You can take your ergonomically designed, space age, computer controlled, 4 door, cup holding map lighted split double wishbone split fold down retractable cargo covered moon roof piece of transportation and keep it. For I have felt the thunder. And I know the difference!!
RichardXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 17:44   #7 (permalink)

I've had a set of Firenza 235/45R17 on my XH V8 ute for a couple of years. They're not at all noisy and offer very good grip, even in the wet. I really have no complaints about them at all, and the wear rate is quite exceptional for a performance tyre. They're made in Japan and are a proprietary brand of Sumo, and IMO are great value.
xh98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes