FORD FIESTA MK6 Lowered Suspension - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2004, 09:59   #1 (permalink)

Arrow FORD FIESTA MK6 Lowered Suspension

Hi, bit new to the whole car mod scenario so a few questions.....

I have a 2003 Fiesta LX (52 reg) with 15" alloys, no pictures as yet but have been working on interior more than exterior.

Just wondering what price I'm looking at for lowered suspension (noticeably lowered), and if possible the pros and cons of having suspension lowered e.g. would it scratch and crack if going over speed bumps, or going up curbs etc. could I fit bigger "" rims later if I want.

Also the Fiesta LX comes with almost everything the zetec does Cd player, mine came with alloys, air con, electric windows, heated windscreens and side mirrors etc. etc. except front lower fog lights which makes the front of the car look real plain and boring, just wondering if these lights can be purchased and whether they are easy to fit?

Any info would be great as at the mo I'm clueless!
stuartrhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2004, 07:18   #2 (permalink)
FPV-TC ACT Member

Re: FORD FIESTA MK6 Lowered Suspension

Lowering your car shouldn't pose too much of a problem. It usually comes down to the internal space (height and width) of your wheel well. Lowering and keeping the travel (distance the wheel moves up and down) of the suspension soft may result in some "bottoming out". Adding stiffer springs often reduces the travel and consequently the "bottoming out" effect.

Adding wider wheels may be more of a problem. Probs often occur when turning hard or at full-lock, as the wider wheel and lower height often result in the tyre scraping the inside guard and liner.

I don't know the Fiesta specs at all so is hard for me to advise, other than go to a reputable wheel / tyre / suspension mob and get some advice after they look at the car. More often than not it is a case of trial and error. I'm sure it has been done many times so hopefully someone who has done it before posts a reply.

Front foggies should be easy. I assume the space is there to mount them. You'll just have to wire then into the lighting circuit and add the appropriate dash mounted switch. Have a look at some posts in the electrical forum for more info.
bushute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 12:09   #3 (permalink)

biggrin Re: FORD FIESTA MK6 Lowered Suspension

Great, thanks for your help, I will be looking into it, especially the wiring and fitting, as I know garages tend to charge extortionate prices for fitting.

thanks again
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes