Ford Forums banner

HELP! I need some logical reasons to purchase alloys

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  EBXR 
#1 ·
Ok guys help me out with this please.

I want alloys, but being a married family type of dude I need to convince the better half of the benefits of getting alloys. Hell I know what I want them for and you guys know too. Can you help me come up with the pros to fitting alloys apart from asthetics.

I mentioned that fuel economy should be better being lighter but I could just about guarantee that "she who must be obeyed" will not notice any difference

mmmmmmmmm............what else I wonder!

your thoughts appreciated

#3 ·
I'd like to help, but I can't really think of anything except "looks". Also if they are really good wheels, someone will steal 'em.

Might be better to take the hub caps off and spray the wheels silver :)

#4 ·
They Look good. The will increase the resale value of the car (barely). Better handeling. Better breaking ability (well, the new tyres on the mags will do this but shhhhh) and of course the most important reason..... Chicks will look at your car. But u better not tell her that one :p
I had the same problem. In the end i just thought **** it, its my money and Ill spend it how I like. She cracked it but i ignored her and she gave up when she realised i wasnt going to argue about it!
Really the only reason that most women wont want you to get wheels is the last one "Chicks will look at your car" not that they will ever admit it. They will go on about the money and whats the point ect "theres better thing you could spend the money on" when they are usually just insecure!

#5 ·
No! they just want the money to go window shopping with their friends!

Brent

#6 ·
Tell her you'll treat her to a new pair of shoes if you get your wheels with no complaint :s6:

#7 ·
lol
better grip all round, safer. handle better.
stronger and much nicer to drive on!

#8 ·
Ask the guy at the local tyre shop to say they are bent and you need to replace them, or you will get bad tyre wear, so you need new wheels damn it ! , and alloys are just as cheap as getting new steel rims from ford .... hehehehehhehehee

Well maybe worth a shot :0)

Dellboy999

#11 ·
Do what I did - buy them. Then tell her. Consequenses were a little tense at the start, but now she agrees it was a smart thing to do.

Sometimes wheels come on the second hand market with decent tyres, and it's cheaper to buy those than to put decent tyres on the old wheels. "Honey, they threw the wheels in for free!!!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.