Re: How do i make my '67 XR handle much better???
Start with the basics first:
1. Replace any worn ball joints,tie rods, idler arms, steering gear etc.
2. Get a decent wheel alignment.
3. Get some quality tyres
4. Uprated dampers ( I have Koni dampers which are excellent but expensive)
Then how far you want to go is up to you and your budget. The above is the basics to get what you have operating correctly. From there I would add:
5. uprated lowered springs including the rears and thicker swaybar upfront.
6. polyurethane bushes
7. If you are really serious, a good mod that the Group N racers employ is to reverse the upper ball joints (still bolts in the same holes). you will need to grind away part of the upper wishbone to prevent the tyres rubbing and weld bracing back in to support it (best left to the professionals). This brings the top of the wheel closer to the wishbone and gives you much more adjustability of the camber.