Ford Forums banner

King Springs

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  JC-XR8 
#1 ·
Today I went and priced some Low King Springs...

$260ish full set from Autobarn
$380ish full set fully installed from Tyrepower

Anyway I noticed that all falcons have the same part no. so does that mean that the only difference between different models is how they are mounted on the car?

A bit clearer - EA series 1 -> high ride height so mounts must be in different places to standard ED's which are naturally lower..

So if I wanted my car to have the same ride height as an ED with Low's then I'd have to go Super Low on my EA? I don't want super low I was just wondering if that is how it works?

Anyway the guy from Tyrepower was going to ring King Springs and ask if they can do Low springs with std height Monroe GT shocks.. He seems to think that there shouldn't be a problem at all doing it..

Dan..

#2 ·
Springs

Ok..

If you want SuperLows, you need to have the shorter shocks to suit, as they have a shorter stroke shock due to the smaller ride the spring gives.

Monroe do cater for these front and rear in Premium Gas and Sensa-Tracs

ViGiLaNtE

#5 ·
I'd go superlow but the roads where i am are f**cking bad... it would be too low - as in i'd probably lose my diff down a pothole.. also i occassionally work on farms, etc so i need some height...

The guy from tyrepower rang back and he reckons that lows are sweet as with std shocks so thats what i'm getting..

Dan..

#7 ·
Yeah.. i'll see what it handles like when its done and then i might consider putting stiffer swaybars on.. Also in the wheel department i wouldn't go any bigger than 15's for the same reasons as I said above..

Dan..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.