Ford Forums banner

King Springs and Bilsteins in EF XR6

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Soxx 
#1 ·
Hi,
I am looking for comments from people who have tried the combination of King Springs and Bilsteins in EF XR6?
Thanks,
Allan

#2 ·
Not an EF but the same hardware is available for earlier models. I used King Spring Superlows and the catalog Bilstein rating shocks front and rear on a sedan. The springs are good, but the shocks were a disaster. Rough riding, and low on absorbency, they tend to pitch the car off line.

I always used Bilsteins before that and never had such problems. I would suggest talking to David Falson at East Coast Suspensions in Kirrawee 95451044 and discussing it with him because he is very geared up on the combo. Have a chat with him and then decide.

Remember that Bilsteins can be custom tuned and rebuilt which makes them a good value exercise in the long run. If you want to go for the custom valving etc I have a set of front and rears that can be had for a reasonable price provided I can get some good stuff as a swap or whatever.

#5 ·
Got Kings Superlows and Bilsteins here and no complaints other than the fact the car sits higher than every other Falcon ive seen with Superlows.
Sure its no limo in terms of ride quality, but it isnt much worse than how it was with the stock shocks/springs and 15s. (ive got 17s also)

#6 ·
I should add that the first set of King "low" springs I fitted with these Bilsteins were the "Comfort" option ones (variable rate) - and I can state that those springs did NOT work with the Bilsteins.

The rate variation of the springs interfered with the variable valving of the shockies to make it very roller coaster type of ride and handling. I changed out those springs for just the std rate ones and she was fixed.

#7 ·
EDFUTURA:
Interesting. I had the same problem. I think Bilstein changed their valving later on after they received many complaints from Ford owners. Not sure though.

#9 ·
if you have continual probs with thw bilstiens try spax. similar price and great shocks, have a pair in my XJS and again fully servicable and adjustable.. just another alternative for you..

cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.