King Super Lows, 'Budget' Shocks & Installation & - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2004, 03:00   #1 (permalink)
EBII

King Super Lows, 'Budget' Shocks & Installation &

I was just wondering about a few things

I have an EBII Falcon with 240kk's on it (not kw's ), i think it is still running on its original shocks and springs. I recently got 17x8 mags, and now of course i need to lower it. I know that the best thing to do would be to spend $1000+ to get the full deal (nice/brand springs & shocks). I really cant afford this at the moment and by the time that i can afford it, early next year after i get this wedding payed for, i will probably be upgrading to something a bit newer.

The ride at the moment is as you would expect, i dont find it that floaty. But have been told by several mechanics that i would need to get the shocks done as it was "very floaty" & "like a boat".

Anyway question 1 is, are king superlow springs with original shocks ok? the guy that im buying off recons that i should get just low, as the surelows may not be legal in all states (i think id be fine there) and that there more for showcars only. If im gonna get new springs id prefer it to be "low". I dont really car that much for a super smooth ride, if it sticks to the road id be happy.

This is a bad idea i spose but, i saw those gabriel red ryder gas shocks in supercheap for 30$ each, these would have to be better than my current shocks wouldnt they? i will probably only have the car for another 6 months, so if they only last that long thatd be fine :D

Im more of a computer nerd than a mechanic, but i dont mind getting my hands dirty, anyone know how much effort it would be to install these my self, probably not reccommended, but it would be nice to learn. and save the $300 labor to fit these. I got the max ellery's manual for the e series and it tells ya pretty much what to do in there, but i doubt it would be that easy...

I dont really drive it that much either, just on weekends and when i cant get a lift to work, so its not like im gonna be racking up the k's.

Attached is a pic of its hight, looks better with the mags but still way too high... :)

Anyway any thoughts would be great. Thanks for listening . Cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eb_nomags_2.jpg (36.5 KB, 41 views)

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes