KYB shockers! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2002, 03:04   #1 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

confused KYB shockers!

Can anybody tell me if KYB shockers are any good to suit a 30mm lowered falcon? I need shocks VERY soon and I'm tryin to do some research as to which would be best for quality and value for money!

Regards
blueoval
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2002, 14:54   #2 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Fan

Ummmm, while they are not on the car as yet, my dad and i are building up an XW GTHO Replica, and we purchased KYB shocks for all corners. They came very highly recomended from a well known restorer of GT's and Mustangs, he said they are like a poor mans bilstien :) performance is equal to that of koni's without the adjustability or expensive price tag. So even tho i havnt driven on em yet, they do come very highly recommended from an excellent source.

'69 XW Fairmont GS (GT Replica), Reef Green 351c 2V (not for long ), Top Loader, 9" with 3.55's,
RedEF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 14:02   #3 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

I put those shockers on last weekend. Their H/D Super gas shockers. Cost for front struts each was $130 and rears were $55each. Cost for fitting front was $80 plus $45 for a wheel alignment. Excellent value in my books!

The verdict:
Superior front end handling round corners at 80km+. Rear end kept up with the front. Very LITTLE body roll as you enter corners. It holds very flat in fact around bends. Ride quality still good despite lowered springs. None of that bouncy bouncy feeling you get with a few heavy blokes in the back over speed humps!
Once again, terrific value with the extremely noticable improvment in performance handling! I recommend them 100%

Regards
blueoval
Old 11-26-2002, 17:17   #4 (permalink)

So what your saying was that it cost you $260 for the front shocks, $110 for the rears, plus $125 for labour and alignment? So all up it cost you $495 for the whole hog?

Unreal, I always thought a full set of shocks set you back like $800??

I need new shocks bad.

If your shocks are stuffed do they make a squeeking sound when going of little bumps and the like?

Dave
antigravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 23:47   #5 (permalink)
400 kg ego

If shocks are stuffed, poor handling and excess body roll etc are among the signs. Not sure if they make noise.

Blueoval, may I ask where you got those shockers from? If I could get them for that price, I'll buy them tomorrow!

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 14:58   #6 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

I got them from a place called CV Driveshafts and steering in Lonsdale in Adelaide. They suppied and fitted them(fitted front only) and yes, they would do the same price for you if, you lived in Adelaide. The price was not discounted, that was their standard retail price. They did a good job aswell.

Another place would be City Discount Tyres in Ridgehaven in Adelaide. Not a well known brand but hey that wont be for long!
I would recommend shopping around in your local area for a dealership or check out the website www.kyb.com i think?

KYB shockers are a Japanese based company and deal with motor bike shockers and RV's 4WD's.

Brilliant shocker for the price!!!
They also come with a 2 year warranty, I think!

Hope this helps

Regards
blueoval
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes