KYB Shocks ? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2004, 20:18   #1 (permalink)

KYB Shocks ?

Gentleman,
Anyone used or know of KYB shocks. Looking for a replacement for the Monroe shocks, something a bit harder without the expense of Koni's.

Cheers.
pins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2004, 20:40   #2 (permalink)
Australian Falcon Member

Re: KYB Shocks ?

I've had KYB's on my car - I found them to be very similar to good brand new OEM / Monroe shockies tho probably a tad firmer (sound very much like what you want).

As a matter of interest KYB are what Whiteline supply as part of their packages - and you should probably look at their online shop for prices as that's where I ended up getting mine from because at that time (couple of years ago) their price was best I could find - even including freight.

I should point out that if you ever want simply the best - end of story, no more worrying about handling etc. - then get Bilstein.

A cheaper alternative to Bilstein but with very similar dynamics (possibly with even better high speed straight line dynamics than Bilstein as a matter of fact - talking 200kph+) is Gabriel VST - only concern with Gabriel is that they may have a problem with lasting - do a search for previous discussions and try to track someone down who's fitted Gabs to ask how they're going.

Gabriels are probably even cheaper than KYB and absolutely certainly will handle heaps better than ANYTHING except Bilstein - but you'd need to do research to determine how well they'll last.
Old 01-22-2004, 20:59   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the input ED, just been having a look over at Fordmods, seem KYB are well thought off. Just about to check the whiteline site that you mentioned.
Thanks mate.
pins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 21:21   #4 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

I have KYB's on my EB and all I can say is brilliant for the price. They handle smoothly, and arent as firm like pedders for example. If your car is lowered they still react well with road conditions and without the bouncey feeling. Ive had mine on for about 15,000k's and cant fault them. Only thing I recommend is making sure they are fitted properly and securely or you will have problems down the track.

Check out my site on the link below (click EBXR8)
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes