Ford Forums banner

Locking Nuts

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  navy blue 
#1 ·
Put car in 4 RWC today, only got knocked back on locking nuts on rear wheels. There is a story to this, but too long to explain. Basically had genuine ford locking nuts, mechanic lost the key,bought new cheaper locking nuts when put new tyres on. Tyre joint said nothing about the back locking nuts, Basically the rear ones barely are on, so only 4 nuts are holding the rear tyres. RWC gys think the back need longer locking nuts. My car is a EL XR6 with 16" Factory Tickford wheels.

Does ne1 know where to get a set of locking nuts that will fit properly?
Do the back locking nuts have to be longer?

Have to put these on within 7 days to get the RWC, otherwise have to start again, so have not got much time.
Cheers

#5 ·
navy blue said:
Does ne1 know where to get a set of locking nuts that will fit properly?
Do the back locking nuts have to be longer?

Have to put these on within 7 days to get the RWC, otherwise have to start again, so have not got much time.
Cheers
I got a set from my local Bob Jane T Mart. (about 30.00 bucks for a set of 4) CSA do the full range of Wheel accesories and their lock nuts are available in different lengths.

Cheers

Paul B
XR6WGN

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.