Ford Forums banner

Lowering AUIII a little bit

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  RebelXR8 
#1 ·
Planning on lowering the front of my Futura 25mm, using "soft" springs
and leaving standard shocks, to keep soft ride.
Driven in a few lowered AU's (XR's),and I think a brick rides better.
But the question is, do I need to fit a camber kit or not.
Pedder's say I don't, another joint say's I do? :angel: are they just after the extra cash, or is there a reason.

#4 ·
normell said:
But the question is, do I need to fit a camber kit or not.
Pedder's say I don't, another joint say's I do? :angel: are they just after the extra cash, or is there a reason.
Not unless you're running 18" wheels onwards.

#7 ·
pedders do a std shock and sports ryder shock both with a 30ml lower spring seat in other words they will lower the front 30ml and you keep the springs your running in other words you keep the comfort and lower the car at the same time as for alignment kits id go with rick shims should compensate any camber probs as long as the original shim kit bolts are long enough cheers greg

#8 ·
normell said:
Where your car rides like a sausage?

A lot of people think more is better when lowering their car. They end up hitting the bumpstops all the time which makes the ride extremely hard and the handling unpredictable.

#9 ·
Hey it might ride like a sausage, but I don't need to take 80k corners at 180k anymore. Had my Bathurst style racing days quite a few years ago.
Don't get me wrong, still drive it hard at times, but if I wanted a really stiff ride, I'd have a XR or GT instead of my Futura :angel: :angel:

#10 ·
Cant get any better shocks than Bilstein. I got mine from the importer in melbourne and he asked me how I wanted them set up and did it while I waited. $600 or so for the fronts but worth every cent. soft when your cruizing, but they stiffen up when you push them. Had Koni's too, they dont even come close to the bilstein's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.