Lowering - Brisbane - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2003, 17:58   #1 (permalink)
96 EF Futura

Lowering - Brisbane

Hey guys Im seriously considering getting my car lowered in a weeks time, I dont have the time/couldnt be bothered doing it myself so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good place in the brisbane area, southside preferably. I tried JAX at slacks creek but they wanted $850 fitted, lows and new shocks all 'round.
I am also still tossing up between low and super low, but thats another issue I guess...
Cheers guys

Lowered EF Futura
Black Steelies ( too cheap to buy proper mags )
SiX_iN_a_RoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2003, 19:21   #2 (permalink)
EB wagon

Re: Lowering - Brisbane

Anthony, how much can u get the gear for?? If u can get it cheap then i know a guy who does stuff pretty cheap. He's a retired mechanic and will do the full install for around $120.

Brent
EB1 3.9L MPI Falcon Wagon with converted T5 / Pacemaker & 2.5" Redback sports exhaust / 2" lowered blocks at the rear, Kings lows up front / ED Tickford Head and Cam / K&N panel filter with XH intake Snorkel / Full EL Fairmont interior with woodgrain

89 EA1 3.9L TBI Falcon Sedan with 3 speed auto / currently being upgraded...
Brent79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 19:26   #3 (permalink)
EB wagon

BTW, i was gonna put super lows in my wagon.. I even brought them but then i looked at how low it will sit in the guard (2" i was told) and i fort it would make the wagon very impractical and annoy the shit out of me when i scrape coming out of driveways. I opted for kings lows and it looks very decent under the 15" wheels. Supa lows look awesome but they dont give enuf clearance... whats the point?

Brent
EB1 3.9L MPI Falcon Wagon with converted T5 / Pacemaker & 2.5" Redback sports exhaust / 2" lowered blocks at the rear, Kings lows up front / ED Tickford Head and Cam / K&N panel filter with XH intake Snorkel / Full EL Fairmont interior with woodgrain

Old 10-26-2003, 23:19   #4 (permalink)
96 EF Futura

$120 sounds pretty sweet man, I'll get some prices on the hardware and go from there..
Im thinking...if im gonna lower it, I might as well go the whole hog, but then I start thinking about the usual places I drive, for example the crappy driveways in moss street at springwood...i dont think id make it to lunch with superlows...
Cheers for the info Brent, Ill get some prices over the next few days!

Lowered EF Futura
Black Steelies ( too cheap to buy proper mags )
SiX_iN_a_RoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 02:06   #5 (permalink)
THE VILLAGE LUNITIC

ok buy the gear from hardcore, autobarn, or pedders, then get a mechanic to fit it, i mean i work at highway auto group im getting one of my guys to fit springs for a carton of piss, im only going king lows cos with a fairlane id get no where with superlows springs should cost around $110 a pr if u know someone like me $78 a pr...

White NL Fairlane Ghia, 'TQE', Superlows, Limo Tint, Pacemaker Tuned length comp spec extractors and lukey exhaust system with 5L cat, ported/polished head to flow 330hp, custom grind AU BILLET cam, chiptorque HP4 reprogramable chip, Alpine MP3/DVD/CD headunit, 550W alpine V series AMP, 12' Alpine Sub, 18" Advanti Chrome Alloys.

191.3RWHP 15.301@92MPH willowbank raceway. ghay 3.08 single spinner:(
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 03:52   #6 (permalink)
EB wagon

Autobarn changed me $140pr

Brent

Old 10-27-2003, 14:21   #7 (permalink)

i can get my wagon dropped for 30 bucks as all i have to do is swap mine for his and he'll fit em for me..

or buy em for 30bucks either way its cheap..but they are damn low and scrap if you dont go on a angle..
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 16:22   #8 (permalink)
EB wagon

I think now that i made a good choice with just the lows. What good is a fast car if u gotta go 5km/h over dips in the road?

Brent

Old 10-28-2003, 01:32   #9 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

Brent Brent Brent, superlows on the front of a wagon with 2" blocks in the back wont be impractical. My mate has only ever bottomed out at chermside with a car load of people in it.

In my opinion lows dont look like it's lowered unless a stock height car is beside it
Stock as a Rock for the moment

TQE's
XplodEd EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 21:49   #10 (permalink)
EB wagon

Bah, too bad... Im not buying shockies aswell. I just got my car back from ford and it cost me $750 so ive spent all im gonna spend for a few months. I got turbo blades only on the car so maybe when i update the wheels, i'll get the supa lows..

Brent

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes