Lowering EBII, 30mm or 50mm - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2003, 15:00   #1 (permalink)
EBII

Lowering EBII, 30mm or 50mm

Hey, sorry if this has been covered before, but i searched and couldnnt find anything relevent.

Anyway im looking at lowering my EBII Gli, and i dont really know how low to go. Got some quotes, but i think there a bit pricey, what do ya recon... I need new shocks as well as they recon that the ones i have are leaking oil and arent working very well anymore.

$480 for just springs, 30mm low
$880 for springs & shocks, 30mm low.
$970 for springs & shocks, 50mm low.

I think these are for pedders springs and shocks, but im not sure cos he didnt say what brands they were. These prices include fitting, but seem a bit steep. Even though im in canberra. Are there any recommended places in canberra / qbn, with good price / service...

So i was wondering, are these average prices, and how low should i go? i have just the standard wheels on there at the moment, would it be annoying to get in driveways and stuff at 50mm low, or would it be worth it. I have never driven a lowered car so i dont really know what its like. But would 30m m be enough? I just dont know, any help appreciated.
KruXoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2003, 15:40   #2 (permalink)

Those prices fitted arent to bad Krux,I brought a set of Lovells springs front only $130for the pr and was qouted $260 te resize the rear both sides, my shockies were pretty good.
I fitted them my self so saved some coin doing that way and I went down 50mm in front and will do the same for the rear, if you have a mate with a rattle gun and some spring compressors hit him up its not that hard.
The ride isnt to bad as its a ute it bounces around a little anyway but it looks a lot better sitting on the road. No scrappping probs yet...
At least the roads in ACT are a damn lot better than the goat tracks in NSW.
Hope this helps
Old 03-05-2003, 16:42   #3 (permalink)

Id go 50mm if I were you, actually 75mm would be better:s6:

Are you handy with a spanner? Just buy the parts and install it yourself. Spend the extra cash on other mods.:s2: If you need a hand I might be able to help.

As for places to recommend, Revell in Fyshwick do support the ACT Tickford/FPV club, although they do seem to take forever to get parts in I have found.....
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 17:09   #4 (permalink)
V8 XW Ute/APV Kitted EBII

$480 just for springs??..Are you joking?...You can buy front and rear lowered or superlows for $240 all round! Monroe Gas shocks you can pick up for $120 the rear and about $180 the front struts!. Do those prices include fitting??...

If not then stay away...go to Autobarn or something like that.

ViGiLaNtE
Old 03-05-2003, 18:28   #5 (permalink)
EBII

Thanks, for all the advice! :)

dazd: 50mm sounds nice, long as it doesent scrape too much. If im going to lower it i may as well go noticably low. I wish i knew someone with tools, but i only recently moved up here to canberra so i might have to pay the bucks.

Martin: Not really that skilled, but im willing to try! ;P just dont have much of a clue. Help would be great! if your offering... So you dont recon that 50mm would make it too much of a rough ride then? (at least it would look tuff!)

ViGiLaNtE : Yeh thats the price for fitted, seems to be about average around here in canberra. I'd love to installem my self, but id probably end up launching a spring through the garage roof or something.
KruXoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 20:33   #6 (permalink)

EA - ED seem to have a rake on them factory (low at front and high at back), if yours is the same go the 30mm at front and 50mm at back for that low all round look. I think you can get lowered springs (dunno what brand) at Super Cheap for under $100 a pair if you are on a tight budget. Otherwise King, Selby, Lovells or Pedders should do the job. Going from personal experience I wouldn't let Pedders work on my car even if you paid me. I took my EB there (Belconnen) just for a check and report and they couldn't even do that right!

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 13:33   #7 (permalink)
17" is for 4cyc

Go and see Capital Steering in Gladstone St Fyshwick PH : 6280 5243, ask for Stuart and I'm sure he can help you.......
Old 03-06-2003, 18:05   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by KruXoR

Martin: Not really that skilled, but im willing to try! ;P just dont have much of a clue. Help would be great! if your offering... So you dont recon that 50mm would make it too much of a rough ride then? (at least it would look tuff!)

I dont mind giving a hand
If you get proper decent lowered shocks aswell the ride shouldnt be all that worse than stock, not on those nice Canberra roads anyway.
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes