Ford Forums banner

lowering an ef

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  glancer 
#1 ·
i want to lower my ride as low as i can so its still legal(10cm all round?)i have 17's so that should keep the body off the ground a little, but how much clearance should i have over the front tyres so they dont rub? is there any other probs i will face with just lowering springs and not adjusting shocks?
thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I have lowered springs in my car without shocks, and the biggest problem is terrible ride quality - and I only have 'low' rather than 'super low' springs. I believe 'super lows' will be what you want to go as low as you can legally.

#3 ·
yeah mate its called "rice bounce" - its kinda the same effect as what rice boys get when they cut springs - the body bounces for a while after you hit a bump - its possible to drive like that, but it really shits you, especially if you have passengers, the car bounces badly.

save up and get a set of proper firm shocks under the car at the same time, it works out cheaper in the long run! and you dont look like you cut your springs.

#4 ·
Yeah, I have lowered my EF with Pedders springs, lowered two inches. The ride quality with firmer springs is fantastic, the car handles so much better. The only time it doesnt is with 5 people in the car and full luggage, it gets rather bouncy, but with four people and a light load, or less, its wonderful.

Best thing I ever did, along with my 17 inchers...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.