Ford Forums banner

lows and superlows...photo proof!!

5K views 36 replies 19 participants last post by  XtRmn8 
#1 ·
hey everyone, yesterday i had super low king springs installed in my car which replaced the low king springs...ive noticed alot of people on the forums asking is there much of a difference between the two bla bla bla

well here it is with the lows

and here it is with the super lows

the only scraping issure ive had so far is my tow bar on my driveway and thats it, it handles so nice and drives they way every car should...i highly recomend it!!

See less See more
#2 ·
looks nice man, thanks for taking the time to post the pics, I had been looking for a comparitive pic for a while now. hehe I think superlows look far better but I couldnt possible make it up my driveway!

#4 ·
quite a difference, just need some nice 17"s to fill the guards :D

#7 ·
I love the way Kings Superlows sit in the back, full tank of fuel and a bit of weight in the back and the rubber dissappears behind the guards

#13 ·
had a look at the old springs and found something out....it had original height springs in the rear and lows in the front..with shorter stroke shocks all round, thats why it had a heigher rear

oh well its not a perfect comparison but its close enough...infact walkinshaws comparison is probable a better one to go with, must polish my wheels after seeing your pics walkinshaw!!!

#14 · (Edited)
The only wheel that is polished is the front passanger rim. The rest are standard.

Imperator, Ive had 5people in my car a full tank of petrol and 85L of LPG and it didnt scrape/rub or bottom out. The fronts have never rubbed when turning and the back has never rubed going over bumps. Either im lucky or 225's arent wide enough :)

#16 ·
Hey Paul, how much did the rear springs cost you??

I have KYB shocks and Lovell springs at the back and it sits too high for my liking. I want to go the height that Paul has got, so if I put those Superlows in will it go that low, or will I need to change the shocks?

*end suspension n00b talk*

Sundeep

#17 ·
the scary bit is that once those superlows settle, its gunna be lower :p
so thats when u'll get the scrapage

#18 · (Edited)
hey sunny, my mechanic got the springs for me trade price for $105 a pair

are the kyb shocks shorter stroke than ford originals? if they are then with the super low springs it should sit lower (in theory)

i was charged about $50 for fitment of the rear springs, apparently they are easy to fit

ive also got 225 tyres on my car...so far no hassles eccept for the bloody tow bar, im hoping that when the springs settle i wont have any more hassles, there is still plenty of clearence around the wheels on the rear (even tho it doesnt look like it in those photos)

this is what my mechanic done to the car when fitting the springs:

supply and fit springs
replace all front sway bar bushes
replace right hand lower control arm and bolt/nut
align front end

all for the grand total of $530, im quite happy with that price

although that control arm was supposed to be replaced when i got the roadworthy done when i bought the car back in january,

and he told me that who ever installed the last set of springs had installed them up side down which gives them a greater chance of falling out of place :fraz:

how can people be so dodgy???

#19 ·
mmm those superlows look good.

Anyone got a pic of them on a EF?
insurance wont let me get them, but wouldnt mind seeing what they look like.

#20 ·
$105 sounds pretty good. Anyone know if KYB shocks have a shorter stroke than the standard jobbys?

If I put those springs in and take it for a RW should it pass?

Sundeep

#21 ·
i absolutley love the look of a slammed e-series...

i've got a set of custom wound pedder coils in the back of my ea. they are a stacker coil

(the top 3 coils compress down untill they touch each other when car weight is put on them but when you jack the car up the 3 coils un-bind and so i can keep the coils trapped in the holders)
the coils were custom wound to be 15 percent stiffer then the stiffest pedders coils availabke and cost me 320. and lower the car 2.75 inches (tyres are level with the guards with nothing in the car-ie motor gearbox etc..)

i mated the springs to a k-mac 27mm rear sway bar and a set of k-mac 2 inch lowered front coils (custom wound as well and are 11% stiffer than the firmest pedder coils avail) with a 32mm sway bar up front. with nolathane bushes all round. and a k-mac adjustable camber/castor kit.

that has cost me 2800 to get that far

next up i am ordering a whiteline trailing arm kit for it and i will be making a front and rear set of strut braces and a stiffer watts link mounting points and watts link rods also to fit a ed xr diff cover plate as well. which will take the total spend of suspension gear to around 3600.

i wanna make sure i can corner ok????? lol

cheers.joe.

#24 ·
sikea.... or should that be sikelfairmont???

rotors planned are dba kangaroo paw and slotted 355mm ones and a set of skyline gts-t m type calipers (4 piston) with ebc green stuff pads up front.

rears will be some 290mm slotted and cross drilled rotors with the skyline calipers as well.

i'll be starting that soon but first i am concentrating on getting the bay sprayed in the new color and assembling the engine this week end. and sorting out the custom rear lights.

cheers.joe.

#25 ·
Cheers for that joe

Nah I will stay sikEA, i been around too long to be known otherwise, sikEL has already been taken (as well as sikerEL....i shoulda copyrighted the right to be sik)

And am currently trying to get the oldies convinced buying a EA shell i got my eye on and building a budget twin turbo EA to kill commodores will be a good thing....but we'll see

#26 ·
Oh and yea....would you be willing to make up kits for some of the bits your putting into your car for other people? We have spoken about an AU head before, but If i do go with this EA, im going to need someone who knows a thing or two to help out with manifolds, brakes and all that...plus im in brisbane and your not that far away :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.