Mondeo Whiteline Swaybar? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2003, 04:16   #1 (permalink)

Mondeo Whiteline Swaybar?

Does anyone know if the Mondeo 97> rear swaybar BFR57 that Whiteline produce will fit a 2001 Cougar. Called Whiteline and they couldn't confirm that it would. I can't take it there to check as I'm in ADL and no Whiteline shop here. Mondeo & Cougar share most suspension components but not sure if this swaybar will fit. Any other Cougar or Mondeo owners know if it does?

Cheers.
ProfessorSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2003, 09:59   #2 (permalink)
Mustang/Cougar Member

Re: Mondeo Whiteline Swaybar?

What you need to ask them is if it will fit a 1999 or 2000 Mondero. If it will then it should fit your Cougar.
Personally, I would order a rear ST200 strut brace from http://www.batinc.net/main.htm for $139.50. I think it will give you the handling you want, especially if you add a front strut brace as well.
If you do go with a bigger rear sway bar, you better reinforce the brackets. Every Cougar owner I have talked to that has put on a bigger rear sway bar has had the stock bracket brace break and had to have bigger ones put on.
Bobnoxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes