Monroe Shocks + King Springs - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2002, 19:13   #1 (permalink)

Monroe Shocks + King Springs

Hey guys and girls, just stumbled across this forum - wow! Great job - and here I was thinking that there was f**k all information on EF series Falcon! This is great.

Anyway I've been looking through previous posts regarding shocks + springs for a better ride (we all know how crappy a standard E* can handle), and have summised that Monroe Gas shocks + King Springs (Low) seems to be the way to go - my question is does anyone know places near the city (I'm in Redfern) that could supply + fit these for me? I'm a total novice so fitting them myself is out of the question.

Just got my tax cheque back so I'm looking to blow $1700 :D

I'm also looking to improve engine performance, so with what little money I'd have left over what would be the best place to start?
biomechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2002, 19:23   #2 (permalink)

Hi and welcome to the Forums,

So you're looking to blow $1700. Budget $700 for the springs and shockers (installed). Leaving you with a grand. For that money you could have a nice 2.5" exhaust with extractors fitted. This will improve acceleration/economy and give you a nice note.

As for getting the springs and shockers fitted. Off the top of my head I don't know where you should go. Get the trading Post and have a look in there because there are tonnes of places that advertise suspension packages. Just ring around to see what deals you can get, you will also find a place that is closer to where you live.

My 2c...
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 20:27   #3 (permalink)
Mob Sh!tter Extrodinaire

I'm in the same boat mate. I just brought a manual EF futura and am doing all the usual stuff. Already done the redback cat back exhaust which cost me $300. Next on the list is the springs and shocks. I'm going for the Monroe GT's too but haven't decided on whether to go low or superlow with the king springs. I don't wanna be scraping everywhere if I get superlows but I don't wanna find that I'm still sitting up too high on the lows. Ahhh, what to do. Can someone throw up a pic or 2 of their cars if they have either set up ?

BTW, get a price from lee's performance parts: http://www.performanceparts.com.au/

I send him an email the other day - I can't remember the price of the shocks but the springs were $199 for the set of 4 and he also recommended the adjustable camber kit for $100 odd.

I'm a bit further south than you, in the Cronulla area but let me know if you get a good deal on someone fitting it. I'm looking at getting the local mobile mechanic out. He quoted $40 a corner a few months back.

5 speed 4.0 EF Futura
IT's Stage 4 engine
ET: 14.4 R/T: 0.001s !
Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes