my shocks are "shockers" - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2005, 20:48   #1 (permalink)

my shocks are "shockers"

Just recently i have had my car service for the first time under my owner ship and the machanic tells me all 4 shocks are leaking and thats why my ED mont feels like a boat.

When i replace the Suspension i am really keen on getting sports type suspension, but having said that i dont want to get anything like superlow rock hard suspenion. I just want somthing that is on par with say fords later model xr sports Suspension.

Wot do you people think of say pedders sports riders? How much is it?

Any general opinons and personal experience would be great! thanks
bEAn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2005, 00:33   #2 (permalink)

Re: my shocks are "shockers"

okay so long story short, i want a sports suspension which is also lower then the standard high soft stuff, but i dont want to good superlow and i also want to have a decent ride quality (nothing super rock hard)
Old 07-23-2005, 06:58   #3 (permalink)

I put Pedders red coils in my ED and Pedders Gas Sports Ryder shocks. It was very firm. Pedders Comfort Gas shocks would be a better choice with the same coils. Ring your local Pedders agent if you have one or Pedders on Richmond Rd in Adelaide.
smally351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 18:46   #4 (permalink)

ok, how much did it set you back if you dont mind me asking? did it make your car a little lower? Also would the comfort shocks with the red springs still be a good sports option with ok ride?
Old 07-23-2005, 21:54   #5 (permalink)

Can't remember exactly how much, plus I work at a Pedders agent in the Riverland and got the parts at cost, so that info wouldn't help you. I actually used the Pedders lowered spring to suit an EA S pack to give the ride height I wanted at the front. Measure from the bottom of your rim to the highest point of the whhel arch, this is how Pedders measure ride heights. Work out what ride height you want and let me know, I will check the catalogue and give you the part numbers you need. I will also need to know the diameter of your wheels. I will be able to give you a rough idea on price, but that really is up to whoever you buy them from. The red spring and comfort gas is a good combination for handling without giving a bone jarring ride.
smally351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 03:44   #6 (permalink)
Life is just a Ride!

Hi,

On my last EA I had the Pedders sports ryder pack. Handeled well but drove like a tank. Now on my EB Fairmont with 17" 's I have King Superlows. Which are lower than Pedders. With Boge short struts. Rides very well. Handels great but very smooth. Not as sporty as Pedders but easier to live with. Looks mint too. Boge shock also have lifetime warranty. Made in Germany for Mercs and Audi's etc. Had Tickford on EB before and this setup beats it by miles. Cost approx $800,- in parts with C&C kit. Got great price.
You might want to use King Low instead of Superlows. Looks mint but

Hope it helps.

Baz
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes