Need help with Suspension! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2003, 03:12   #1 (permalink)

Need help wit Suspention!

Hey,
Gonna get suspention i got a few quotes all around 900 for new shocks, springs, camber kit..new know all the stuff! anywhoo....i went to factory direct who offered to reset spring..(initially i thought shocks) but was spring..as shocks cant really be reset...(dont know much bout them) and camber kit spring and lowered with my choice of pedders, king springs, etc...i want it as low as possible...the Factory Direct price..with camber kit and reset spring was only 600...so without camber kit is like 380...wat is disadvantage of reseting springs...will it still handle well?? anyone had it done? cheers!

ohh yeah, AU Series 1 Forte..!if it helps!! stock as a rock..only 15" hub caps...wanna get XR8 II rims..they offered me whole package...rims, tyres suspention...for 2200...fully installed everything...i just dont have 2200 to spend as i just bought car!
AUGASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2003, 03:32   #2 (permalink)
Ford Appreciation Society

Re: Need help wit Suspention!

If they reset the springs, I'm pretty sure that would lower it, so that will affect the shock travel. If ya got the quote for $900 for new shocks, springs and camber kit, I'd go for it. Then save the pennies for the 17's down the track. There have been quite a few sets of 17's to suit AU's for around $1000 here on the forums. That would be $1900 all up.... Do it in stages when you can afford it!
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes