New brake pads - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2002, 15:37   #1 (permalink)
Kodak Moment

New brake pads

I'm due for a pad change and was thinking about changing to some better pads than the stock ones on an AU. Anybody have some suggestions as to brand or price?
marine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2002, 15:44   #2 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Bendix Ultimates were the best value for money and made a useful improvement on the EA, but the black dust is terrible.
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 16:00   #3 (permalink)
My name is Forrest....

Quote:
Originally posted by EA S
Bendix Ultimates were the best value for money and made a useful improvement on the EA, but the black dust is terrible.
EA S is spot on, just put Bendix ultimates on my ute, and they keep getting better, pulling up from 110 is great, pedal pressures seem lower to achieve same braking power
Old 02-13-2002, 23:30   #4 (permalink)

Are ford still using all metalic pads on the AU's?
I have an EF and the original ford pads were all metallic and useless, because the chewed up the discs and i was lucky if i got 24000 kms out of the front pads.
I went to Brakes Plus (melbourne) and got some Lifetime pads, they are actually made from brass and copper by a company in Queensland. I now have literally double the life on pads, i get 45000 kms just out of the front ones, they dont chew up the discs and every time they need to be replaced they do it for free for life. I dont thrash my car or do alot of hard braking but they seem to stop as well as the original ford ones.
When i had the front ones done back in 1996 it cost me $128 total(dont know what they cost now) the best part is thats the last time i paid for brake pads(except i had the rear ones changed over as well months later) cos its been free ever since!

Cheers
Simon
SimonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 01:25   #5 (permalink)

ive tried bendix ultimates, and recently after having no time, and needing front pads really quick, i went to a brake joint called brakes plus, selected their semi race compound pads (160 bucks) and their great. They fitted and machined my disks, and what i like about them is no brake dust!! bloody amazing, my rear pads produce more dust than my fronts now!
snavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 02:30   #6 (permalink)
gone

Re: New brake pads

Quote:
Originally posted by marine1
I'm due for a pad change and was thinking about changing to some better pads than the stock ones on an AU. Anybody have some suggestions as to brand or price?
Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff,

get the idea!!!

Great pads
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 09:03   #7 (permalink)

Re: Re: New brake pads

Quote:
Originally posted by laminge

Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff, Green Stuff,

get the idea!!!

Great pads
greenstuff:Kevlar based, the EBC GreenStuff pad is intended for "fast road" use and not intended for track or competition use. I found these pads to provide good grip when cold and I recommend these over the standard pads. They also have the "squeal" device so you know when to change the pads.

Billed by EBC as low dust pads I find that they are very dusty and also they break down VERY easily when pushed hard. You will get LOTS of fade very quickly. Recommended only if you don't push your car. Do NOT use these pads on the track!

Mintex: When you take these pads out of the box the amount of material on the pad looks to be a fraction of what they should be. But don't let appearances be deceptive, the pads are the daddy! These pads are the best I've ever used. I just can NOT get these babies to fade! Okay, so they are expensive at around 90 per set, but I recommend these pads over any EBC pad above.

With excellent cold performance and superb racing performance, at the time of writing this article I've just got back from Trax2001 and Silverstone Racing Circuit - the pads have not only gone 4 months of fast road use, but one full track day at Croft (100 miles on the track) and 10 laps of Silverstone. They are VERY hard wearing, are almost dust-less and just keep coming corner after corner after corner. It was possible to lock the wheels from 100mph on the approach to a 20mph hairpin every single lap. Now that is impressive.

go mintex!:)
Old 02-15-2002, 09:51   #8 (permalink)

Do Mintex even make pads for Falcons?
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 10:29   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin
Do Mintex even make pads for Falcons?
think so???
Old 02-15-2002, 13:49   #10 (permalink)
gone

Re: Re: Re: New brake pads

Quote:
Originally posted by snavy

Billed by EBC as low dust pads I find that they are very dusty and also they break down VERY easily when pushed hard. You will get LOTS of fade very quickly. Recommended only if you don't push your car. Do NOT use these pads on the track!

Im Shocked

I had these pads on even before they where released in the market

I have run them on Calder and Winton with no probs, yes fronts take a beating but where very kind to rotors!

Never faded, drove em daily.clocked up well over 30,000 ks city driving in them and 20,000 ks country driving.

and I pushed my XR to the MAX daily!!!!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes