NF suspension - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2001, 18:03   #1 (permalink)
Ex Member

Smile NF suspension

I had some of the worst performing shock absorbers in history on my nf, yesterday i changed them all over for new ones, i decided to keep the sls. somebody mentioned to me that buying the air shocks would work out more expencive than buying regular ones and springs together. He was right! i put lowered springs and new shocks in my EF for less than what it cost for just the shocks in the NF. but its like driving a new car now, amaising difference.

and you really need decent spring compressors for those front springs, 1 of mine came detached and flew 20 meters away, luckily it didnt hit me in the head!
Fairlane Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2001, 18:32   #2 (permalink)
Chromed Member

:s3 ha! told ya

whilst the sls can be an outright pain when its not working, it can also be handy if your towing a trailer or wanna put lots of slabs in the boot!:s3

Were the shocks leaking?
botch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 19:23   #3 (permalink)
Ex Member

if the shocks were leaking, the'd of been covered by my "premium care warranty" other than the shocks, im very happy with it, ive allready claimed about $4g worth of parts only a whinger like me would of faulted,..

the shocks were so sloppy i could pull them up and down with practily bugger all resistance.

when you fit the new shocks, the airline is narrower, so you need the optional adapter kit, only $30, and it works fantasticly. ill probly never tow anything, but atleast i know i can put some seriously fat people in the back seat (most of my family)
Fairlane Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 01:32   #4 (permalink)
Chromed Member

speaking of fat people, maybe you could pick me and a dozen slabs up next time your in town
botch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes