Not LOW enough - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes Sponsored by: Discount Tire Direct

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2003, 20:17   #1 (permalink)
Young Ford Performer

Question Not LOW enough

hey guys i purchased Pedders lowered Suspension through a mate of mine for my EA i put it all on the car and its just not as low as i wanted.... I Need my back dropped about anutha 2 inches the front could go lower but its not my main concern atm, i want to eliminate the typical EA look where it looks jacked up in the rear....

my question is how should i go about gettin it done?? i no a place that spring place that compresses springs to what ever height u specify but im unsure of how it will effect the ride of my springs???

I dont really want to have to cut them although its an easy way out its just a waste on such good springs..

wat do u reccomend any ideas??
agez_ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2003, 20:30   #2 (permalink)
8 cylinder symphony

Re: Not LOW enough

get a set of superlows...they are only a couple hundred bucks. those guys that re sping the coils will charge a couple hundred anyway, so your better off getting a new set....or like you said you could cut them...but be weary, its dangerous and not really safe.
b-juggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 15:02   #3 (permalink)
LET EM' RIPPP

The quick and easy way would be to have them compressed, however, I have been told quite a few times that the heating/cooling process has an effect on the spring properties of the metal. Iím assuming this also leads to the springs sagging after a while.. can anyone confirm?

I think you should try and sell the springs. For the money you get back from them you should be able to get a set of Superlows like hot_eb said.

Just a thought.
Old 07-01-2003, 20:19   #4 (permalink)
Young Ford Performer

So what if i brought a set of superlows (im geussing your referring to king springs when u say superlows???) for the back and left the pedders at the front...??? would the car have a really shit ride??
Old 07-02-2003, 06:18   #5 (permalink)
WHAT THE?

superlows aren't that low anyway. I had a set on mine and it still passed roadworthy....so they can't be too low. You could get them compressed but like bass said it affects the properties of the metal. But then again, it's probably still a better option than cutting them.
SPHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 08:00   #6 (permalink)

Yo.... yer got my car lowered at WA suspensions.. They lowered the front and lowered to back but still had this huge tilt in the car.... so i took it back and told em its not wat i wanted and they put extra low springs in the back...... still not low enough for me so me and my mates cut 1 coil of the back and it sits nicely
Yer alot of people say cutting springs r bad but in the end the more u cut the worst it is. If u cut 1 coil like i did there shouldnt really be a problem. yes there is a more bumpy/harder ride but ur gettin ur car lowered either way its gonna happen. I have hit some pretty big bumps and stuff in mine but they havent popped out yet.

VG Valiant Regal (Dodge Dart), 2 door coupe .. midnight black... lowered.. 318 V8... 15" boss Subby with a 1200watt amp.
Quickford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 22:06   #7 (permalink)
Chasing down oil leaks...

Are pedders rear progressive springs? King spring rear ones are progressive and so have variable coil spacing along the spring. This means that a set of low springs will actually bring the back down more than the front and yet still retain the same ability to absorb bumps, etc..

Don't cut em if you have any worries - do what Bass Crazy said - sell em and get ones you really want - they aren't hard to put in..

Dan..

Axeman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 03:42   #8 (permalink)
Young Ford Performer

yeah these springs are not progressive rate as far as i know just standard pedders sport ryder, 2moro im goin to call up place that does all spring work, ill ask them about the implications of compressing springs and what effects it will have....

a mate of mine had his standard springs in EA fairmont cut 4 coils high and dat had to be the lowest EA ive ever seen, his car had a really uncomfortable ride but dat was the sacrifice for havin such a low look, but then ive been in my mates VP with compressed springs and dat has just about the same stiff bumpy ride.... it handles like a go kart

any one with lowered suspension has to change drving styles if your cars low... to get you back springs to fall out goin over a bump or wateva u would have be careless...
Old 07-03-2003, 03:53   #9 (permalink)

Get custom springs ... they are cheaper that you think ... 150 a pair.

1973 XB Coupe Fairmont 302, koni shocks, lovell super low fronts, extra leaf and reset leaf spings, dual exhaust, advance headers. Resprayed Vivid Blue Pearl. 17x8 & 17x10 inch FR Simmons.
EB2Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Suspension | Wheels&Tires | Brakes